Increase font size
Topic Title: Help please
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01 May 2014 08:08 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01 May 2014 08:08 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

goldenboy1818

Hi all, Iv been doing a large new build house. Its just decided that they are going to have a rainwater harvester. Iv never done one of these before and im a bit unsure of the wiring and where to position everything. Has anyone done one of these before and can help me at all ?? Thank you
 01 May 2014 09:08 AM

mapj1

I think more background info is needed - for example what is the water for, is there back up to mains water supply that requres isolation
- are there pressure vessels, multiple valves and autostarting pumps,air pressure and quality monitors and level switches and a UV steriliser to consider, or at the other extreme is it much more basic than that, and just a single submersible pump in a well used to fill a cistern in the roof that's only used to flush a single gravity drop to a WC anyway ?
I think without that level of introduction we can only guess what you might need, as it may be anywhere between 3A RCD protected spur off the nearest socket, right upto a special control panel with PLCs and 3 phase ;-)
regards M.

-------------------------
regards Mike
 01 May 2014 09:31 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

AJJewsbury

Most tend to use a submersible pump with sometimes a solenoid valve to allow tap water to top up the storage tank. The plumbing side can vary a bit (the complication is the water regs being a bit paranoid about the risk of backfeeding 'impure' rainwater into the potable system). Most manufacturers supply a 'control box' that itself probably only needs a fused supply. As a mixed discipline system I guess your first job is to decide who's going to do which bits (e.g. the cable between the control and the pump - is that you or the rainwater system installer?)
- Andy.
 01 May 2014 09:39 AM

Parsley

http://www.rainwaterharvesting...n_backup_in_a_box.pdf

The above will give you a overview of what is likely to be required. Whoever specified the system should be able to advise.
Don't do the builder plumbers leg work.

Regards
 01 May 2014 10:41 AM

stateit

Originally posted by: Parsley

http://www.rainwaterharvesting...up_in_a_box.pdf

Don't do the builder plumbers leg work.

Regards

Depending on the job I quite like doing some of their legwork - for a price.

New builds are protracted jobs and it is easy for lines to get blurred as to who does what, so keep it well documented and bill weekly or fortnightly.

-------------------------
S George
http://www.sg-electrical.com
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.