Increase font size
Topic Title: Phantom9
Topic Summary: Ig List
Created On: 28 April 2014 07:23 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 28 April 2014 07:23 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

ebee

Dear Phantom9.

I did not want to peg this on an existing thread.

Unless I`m mistaken I think you said that you`ve put OMS on an Ig List.
I hope you are merely joking.
I can not envisage myself ever doing such a thing to a contributor because I am an adult.

I would certainly not put you on a Ig list.
Although I often disagree with what you say and the especially tone in which I tend to perceive your delivery of such then this might be my problem not yours (it is always easier to misinterpret the the attitude of the poster of the written word than with the spoken word whether the fault of the writer or the reader or both).
If I am in error then please accept my apology.

OMS is a particularly outstanding contributor to this forum as indeed are a few others . Although I almost always agree with what OMS and those few others say I do reserve the right to disagree and have, on the odd rare occasion, actually done so.
I don`t think that OMS or one of those others have taken offence and neither have I because of any such disagreement.

If for some reason you are actually serious about ignoring OMS then I would consider it an honour if you would also place me on the list too.

Thank you and best wishes to you

-------------------------
Regards,
Ebee (M I S P N)

Knotted cables cause Lumpy Lektrik
 28 April 2014 08:11 AM

lyledunn

Yes Ebee, but let's not chase Phantom 9 away. He is a colourful character and one with obviously strong opinions. The forum would be a less attractive place without such people. Anyway, I do enjoy the badinage between him and OMS, better than Coronation Street!

Regards,

Lyle Dunn
 28 April 2014 08:46 AM

Thripster

I tend to agree with you Ebee. And no I don't want to chase away 'colourful characters'. However, if by that you mean rude and offensive, then we are better off without them. Sooner or later this type of poster begins to become aware of how little they actually know, acknowledge it and then contribute in a positive way - in which case they are indeed a colourful character. Others are full of mouth and trousers and will not be able to take the perceived humiliation and so will disappear. I am on the fence as to which we are dealing with at the moment.

There is another recent character on here, who has taken to posting one line 'put - downs'. From my point of view, I wish he'd go away.

PS: What is an 'lg' list?

Regards
 28 April 2014 09:23 AM

potential

An Ignore List?
 28 April 2014 09:29 AM

Thripster

Thanks Potential - obvious really.How do you become aware that a poster is on somebody else's 'Ig' ?

Regards
 28 April 2014 07:50 PM

ebee

I do not want to chase Phantom9 away from this forum.
I welcome him (or her) here and hope he will stay.
Feeling free to contribute and agree/disagree with me you and anyone he sees fit to do so.

He should always be welcome here.

It`s just his style of delivery comes across as wrong.
And to say someone is on your Ig List is well OTT in my opinion.
I can`t understand why he feels this way.

He might have been actually only joking when he said it.

Regards,
Ebee (M I S P N)

Knotted cables cause Lumpy Lektrik
 28 April 2014 08:09 PM

OMS

It won't be the first time I've been "banned" by someone, Ebee - there's a few places around the country where I'd be "Persona Non Grata" - but that's because of technical conflicts being made personal by a few people over the years. Ohh and a pub where I dismantled a piano when my mate claimed he was a blind piano tuner and needed some help

I still think Phantom takes a sneaky peek despite what he says on here - and long may it continue.

So thanks for the sentiment, but stand easy

Regards

OMS

Failure is always an option
 28 April 2014 08:13 PM

phantom9

OMS was on my ignore list for a while simply so that I could not see his posts. However, he is no longer on my ignore list. Incidentally, when you put someone on your ignore list you can still see the posts when you are not logged in! LoL.

Thank you for your support, ebee and co. I hope that I don't come over as offensive, maybe aggressive but no intention of offending anyone. I am male btw. I can understand that some people can be upset by my style but that's just me. My posts tend to reflect the mood I'm in, so if I am angry my anger comes through. Lets not get too hung up on this. Its a forum and forums are bound to ignite some fuses from time-to-time. Eh?
 28 April 2014 08:16 PM

phantom9

Oh...and I sometimes don't read the post I am responding to properly...
 28 April 2014 08:34 PM

OMS

Who said that ................. ?

OMS

28 April 2014 11:34 PM

Phillron

What a dull place this would be if it was full of people who always usually agrees with the very knowledgeable oms
ebee may need tutoring off oms in the worthwhile characteristic of thinking as an individual

phantom goes into great detail to explain his position and rarely backs away from confrontation ( subject wise )
I am sure a big boy like oms would have little need for a thread to support him.I would make a bet he could have done so all by himself if he wanted lol
 29 April 2014 09:41 AM

Legh

Lol.....I'm sure I've been black-legged too, by some who regard me as a pedestrian walking across the motorway of life.......

But what a strange way of behaving !. To Ig someone is like the stupidity of an osteridge sticking its head in the sand when all around it can see the tsunami about to strike.

No offense to anyone, just an observation

Legh

Why do we need Vernier Calipers when we have container ships?

http://www.leghrichardson.co.uk

"Science has overcome time and space. Well, Harvey has overcome not only time and space - but any objections."
 29 April 2014 03:54 PM

Thripster

Well, I am sure that OMS et al can stick up for themselves as well and would not presume to interfere on their behalf unless asked. But I am sticking up for myself. I try to observe the creed that, when using a forum, you should not address/write/talk/behave in any different way to the way you would behave had you met that person face to face. (Note that I am not always successful at that - but I do try). You have to be particularly careful on a forum as intent is easily misconstrued. Technical disagreements are one thing - and I am all for those as, out of the argument, comes an iterative truth. Jokes and a bit of a giggle are another but implied threats/menace/harassment are unacceptable. I suppose that that reminds me of school days and the fear I felt when asked what football team I supported - and when I indicated that I didn't, knew what was coming next. Perhaps over sensitive maybe? I tend to equate that sort of implied threat with bullies/cowards/behind screen snivellers and want to..........well I shouldn't say what I would want to do. When I was young, I was taught (rightly or wrongly) that just because you are tired or 'in a bad mood' does not give you the right to upset somebody else by throwing a tantrum - so I guess I naively expect the same from others . Suppose I am feeling a bit punchy, is that acceptable in public? No. And nor is aggression on a forum. So, thanks for coming clean Phantom and welcome - I now see that you didn't mean for your posts to offend anybody but hopefully you can see that they might have done.

Regards
 29 April 2014 06:51 PM

phantom9

Indeed Thripster. Misconstrued is often the way. Very difficult to portray meaning in the written word.
 29 April 2014 07:00 PM

OMS

Originally posted by: phantom9

Indeed Thripster. Misconstrued is often the way. Very difficult to portray meaning in the written word.

LoL - says the man who wants to re write BS 7671 for clarity of meaning !!

Ohhh the irony of it all

Regards

OMS

29 April 2014 09:13 PM

leckie

Ironic indeed mr OMS.

However, I reckon Phantoms posts have given us some of the best threads ever. Not because he is always right, but because they have ruffled so many feathers, and got people incandescent with rage! Comedy gold, but also hammered out lots of answers to lots of questions!

Long may it continue
 30 April 2014 07:40 PM

phantom9

Originally posted by: OMS

Originally posted by: phantom9

LoL - says the man who wants to re write BS 7671 for clarity of meaning !!

Ohhh the irony of it all

Regards

OMS

What I should have said was, it is difficult to portray one's mood in the written word, not meaning. That is easy!
 30 April 2014 07:53 PM

OMS

Touche

Regards

OMS

Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.