Increase font size
Topic Title: Wireless/ rf switching on exterior lighting circuit
Topic Summary:
Created On: 27 April 2014 10:45 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 27 April 2014 10:45 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Shorehamsparks

Right got a nice garden lighting project going on this week, large country house, just had a covered pagoda built in part of the grounds which they want lighting on but have managed to talk them through additional lighting to a couple of large flower beds and other areas. Going to use Collingwood fittings but question is this. Any recommendations on wireless/rf switches. Want to switch at two locations, one is at pagoda area and the other will be at a door leading to garden. Distance between house and pagoda is roughly 50m. This is the requirement for the wireless (as don't want to start digging up grounds to get a cable across to house. Have used wise box's in the past, but the switches/ remotes used to be a bit rubbish. A quick glance on line implies that they've updated the switch plates anyone used them. Another option is mk echo, have used in the past and the kinetic switches take a lot of hassle out of wireless systems, ie the need to change a battery is removed. So come on recommendations for functionality and design.
 28 April 2014 12:25 PM

leckie

RF Solutions do some nice stuff. The Elite range is good
 28 April 2014 02:24 PM

normcall

I use the IQ RF range myself.
Each receiver can have up to 5 transmitters to operate them and will switch 2Kw.
Sadly, they do not sell direct and the current best place for the receivers is Screwfix (but they don't do the key-fob transmitters!). The key fob transmitters are available from an e-bay seller in Leicester (I think!). Used to be done by Timeguard.

-------------------------
Norman
 28 April 2014 02:33 PM

sparkiemike

I have used Wise Controls, with the WisePod remote you can have 42 channels i.e. switch upto 42 relays
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.