Increase font size
Topic Title: Montpellier Ceramic Hobs
Topic Summary: Connections
Created On: 18 April 2014 05:08 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 18 April 2014 05:08 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

intrinsic4225B

Hello,

Is anyone familiar with the connection of Montpellier Ceramic Hobs, in particular the Montpellier MON-SFOP58MC which also seems to be marketed as a CT4?

A colleague of mine has replaced his existing hob with one of these and only two of the rings are working when phase is connected to terminal L1 and neutral connected to terminal N1.

The terminal block has terminals L1 / L2 / N1 / N2.

Does terminal L1 need to be linked to L2 and terminal N1 need to be linked to terminal N2 for correct operation?

The manufacturers wiring diagram adjacent to the terminal block shows separate connections to each and doesn't show any links.

Any assistance from those more familiar with domestic appliances would be much appreciated!
 18 April 2014 06:00 PM

slittle

Ross,

Never seen one of that make. But a few that I have seen normally come with little "flat" links to link between L1,L2 etc.

I think they are configured that way for countries that like two phase supplies to big loads.

Hope that helps

Stu
 18 April 2014 06:12 PM

intrinsic4225B

Stu,

They seem to be a bit of an obscure manufacturer, they don't even appear to have a website.

I've had a look at the instructions for similar appliances online and as you suggest, it does seem that some of them are designed for use with a two-phase supply in addition to a single-phase supply, hence the two sets of terminals.

It will be next week now before I go and have a look at it for him, but he's at least got two rings to keep him going for the moment.

Many thanks for your assistance - I hope you have a good Easter break - I am just about to start mine shortly!
 18 April 2014 06:43 PM

daveparry1

I don't recognise the make but as Stu said they do usually come with link plates to connect L1 & L2 and N1 & N2 together. I remember doing one a while ago where the links were missing so I used short pieces of 2.5 inner core or similar for the links.
 18 April 2014 07:19 PM

intrinsic4225B

Dave,

Many thanks - I asked my colleague earlier to check the packaging for any links provided by the manufacturer, but there appear to be none provided.

Will probably end up implementing solution similar to yours once I get a look at it after the Easter break!
 19 April 2014 01:21 PM

Grumpy

The flat links are often tucked away in the connection compartment are are not necessarily very easy to see (as I learnt to my chagrin!!)
 19 April 2014 06:24 PM

daveparry1

I've seen that too Grumpy, in fact I can remember a customer asking "what are these bits for", whilst I was working out a way of connecting it. !!!
 20 April 2014 12:28 PM

Grumpy

Well I insisted that the links were missing and the customer really kicked off with John Lewis who applied pressure on the manufacturer who sent an engineer out who, on arrival, said "here they are". It was a while ago but I'm shuddering at the memory!
Funnily enough I haven't done anything for her since. Must be just coincidence!
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.