Increase font size
Topic Title: Inspection and testing
Topic Summary:
Created On: 21 January 2014 04:57 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 21 January 2014 04:57 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Dtw21

Hi all,

I have always been under the impression that periodic inspection and testing should be carried out externally (by an accredited contractor).

Is this so?

If not, could a site electrician carry out the periodical inspection? (On the site he is employed).
 21 January 2014 05:10 PM

phantom9

There is no requirement for that as such, unless its a requirement stipulated by the company you work for that it is done by an independent third party. If you have the expertise in-house then technically it could be done, it all depends on company policy.
 21 January 2014 05:14 PM

AJJewsbury

As far as I know there's no BS 7671 requirement for someone carrying out a periodic should be independent - merely that they should be competent to do the work. There might well be a good business reason for doing so, but it's not a general requirement.

If the site has a 'regime of continuous monitoring and maintenance' (with record keeping) then the requirement for periodics can be dropped altogether.

- Andy.
 21 January 2014 05:20 PM

Dtw21

Cheers guys, I have read part 6 over and couldn't see a reason that it couldn't be done.
 22 January 2014 07:29 AM

lyledunn

In commercial and industrial premises the requirement for periodic inspection is also likely to be driven by the insurance provider. It is they who often make stipulations about the credentials of the inspector

-------------------------
Regards,

Lyle Dunn
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.