Increase font size
Topic Title: smaller rcbos
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08 December 2013 09:22 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08 December 2013 09:22 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

poo

Just returned from 6 months in Sydney. While there I changed a domestic fuseboard to a modern distribution board. The rcbos I got at the local electrical wholesaler are the exact same size as the mcbs. Easier to fit and more room of course.
I have not done any serious electrical work in the UK for 3 years now and an rcbo the same size as an mcb is new to me.
Just wondering if we are all using rcbos the same size as mcbs in the UK now?
 08 December 2013 09:28 PM

daveparry1

I assume you mean the same height? in which case I've never seen one! The width always seems to be the same for rcbo's and mcb's, (single pole types that is)

Dave.
 08 December 2013 09:36 PM

DOUGIE1000

There is same sized rcbos available, search this site I was looking for double pole rcbos the same size as a mcb and got them from a uk supplier.

-------------------------
Dougie
Power Plus Electrical.co.uk

My mission is to live as long as possible......so far so good!
 08 December 2013 09:52 PM

Cremeegg

There is a guy (I think in the Manchester area) that has posted on here who supplies very reasonably priced boards and mini RCBO's. Goes I think by the name of Dave S. Will have a search of my records. Or use the search function on here - probably quicker knowing my filing!
 08 December 2013 10:22 PM

stateit

We're late adopters here in the UK.

Small RCBOs and small DP MCBs are common place across the channel.

And we think we're in the forefront of things.

-------------------------
S George
http://www.sg-electrical.com
 08 December 2013 10:49 PM

benf0511

I spoke to the Wyler rep recently and we will be seeing rcbo's the same size as mcb's coming soon. Other manufactures are doing the same
 09 December 2013 10:57 AM

AJJewsbury

Like these http://www.meteorelectrical.co...ule-rcbo-s-type-b.html ? The MCB height ones seem to stop at 25A though.
- Andy.
 09 December 2013 08:09 PM

paulskyrme

Trade only supplier of true 2 pole RCBO's on the same size as a "normal" MCB here:
http://talk.electricianforum.c...ade-sales/#entry312024
 10 December 2013 06:13 PM

benf0511

Also proteus say they are bringing one out. I imagine they will be as rubbish as their current range! I originally asked Wyler rep if they ever considered bringing out a slightly taller consumer unit to make it easier to work on when full of rcbo's. That was when he told me they are going to be producing smaller rcbo's a similar size to the 60898 mcb we currently are used to. As we only fit rcbo's and not split load boards I look forward to seeing them on the shelf.
 12 December 2013 04:08 PM

poo

Yes Andy that reminds me, I could not get a small 32amp RCBO at the wholesalers in Sydney. All sockets over there are radial and protected by a 16amp or 20amp RCBO. Plenty of them in stock. Also I could not get a type B, only type C. I seem to remember having trouble getting type B RCBOs from Wylex a few years ago.
While at the wholesalers in Sydney I complained that I had to buy a 20mm bending spring but I was only going to use it once. Straight away the assistant offered me one from the store saying bring it back when you have finished with it and there is no charge. He did not know me from Adam. I took up his offer and returned the spring after using it. Don't want pommies to get a bad name.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.