Increase font size
Topic Title: Havells
Topic Summary: anyone used them?
Created On: 04 December 2013 05:02 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04 December 2013 05:02 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

peteTLM

Quoting for a couple of large DB changes, and im looking at the Havells catalogue. Looks pretty good kit.

Anyone had experience with them?

I wont use memshield 3, to spite them for discontinuing memshield 2 and not making it backwards compatible.

-------------------------
----------------------------------------
Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine....

Every man has to know his limitations- Dirty Harry
 04 December 2013 05:22 PM

whjohnson

Agree about MEM Pete.

I've just bought a Havells 10 way x 2 RCD domestic CU but have yet to use it in anger.

If you do a search on here for 'Havells', you should find a thread I started a while ago where I outlined what I'd learnt about the history of the brand and the politics that went with it.

(EDIT: Here you are

http://www.theiet.org/forums/f...ey=y&keyword1=Havells

Basically, the scuttlebut was; that the guy who originally designed the Memshield 2 stuff had left Eaton Mem and gone to work for Havells, hence the supposed similarities between Havell's dist boards and the old MEM2 stuff.

That's all I know at the moment.

-------------------------
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
 04 December 2013 09:28 PM

paulskyrme

FWIW, I would use it as it looks good, I used to use Schneider, but for anything price concious, or where Schneider was not specified, it would be Havells all the way, for me from now on, and TBH it looks good kit, and I have had meetings with them @ 3 Elexx shows now, just not had a job I can use them on as they have all been spec'd with an alternative so far!
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.