Increase font size
Topic Title: How full is your Diary?
Topic Summary: Work is picking up
Created On: 01 October 2013 09:21 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01 October 2013 09:21 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

GJH

Hi everyone

I haven't been on here for a while due to the amount of work that's coming in.

I have never been quiet, (always ticking over nicely) but I have been getting 2-3 new business calls a day for about 2 -3 weeks now. I am fully booked until mid December with Domestic works and am starting 2 subbies next Monday on a large Commercial job which is potentially 6 months work for us.

I have taken on a full time apprentice, moved into a new unit, but seriously need to take on another electrician, everyone i know is busy - at least a months work booked in.

On top of all this i keep getting calls from the agencies asking me when i am available, they haven't called for at least 2 years.

How about you guys?
 01 October 2013 09:28 PM

slittle

We're normally busy and have a load in the pipeline between now and Christmas, then more beyond. But last week and this are really slow because most of my customer base are out farming (sowing next years crops) so unless it's absolutely vital, no one is ringing us.

Good to hear you're busy, I think the industry is starting to recover from the lows of a couple of years ago. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Stu
 01 October 2013 09:38 PM

ady1

Glad your busy.
Up North - I'm domestic too and can't keep up with the workload - even increasing the price a tiny bit (something i've not done for 5 years).

Ady

-------------------------
Resistance is futile.
 02 October 2013 09:31 AM

tomgunn

Been a bit quiet recently.. would like a couple of days here n there... keep me ticking over... mind you I don't advertise anymore.

regards.... Tom

Tom .... ( The TERMINATOR ).

handyTRADESMAN ... haha

Castle Builders

Why did Nick Clegg cross the road? Because he said he wouldn't!

I can resist anything..... except temptation! ( Karl Gunn ).
 02 October 2013 06:29 PM

jleltd

Like slittle our customer base is farming but being a big root crop area potato and onion harvest is in full swing and handling equipment is being abused to the fullest. Still got new and refurb potato stores to finish as well as a host of other stuff. Ok till new year ....... Hopefully! Panel work busy to with new and modification projects on the go.

James
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.