Increase font size
Topic Title: ap28 burglar alarm
Topic Summary:
Created On: 30 July 2013 10:43 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 30 July 2013 10:43 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

sizzler

hi looking for some advice regarding a 24r tamper fault flashing on the rkp ....ive replaced he battery and bridged out the 24hr tamper terminals but the fault doesnt clear , i think it might need a new pcb but i hear cef have stopped selling this model and spares for them,any advice would be great ,cheers
 30 July 2013 11:02 PM

impvan

Despite the CEF badging, it's a generic Intellisense panel. You'll also find them badged as Honeywell.

If you've bridged the 24hr tamper, you've either got a problem with the tamper on the bellbox (-R line), or [slim possibility] there's an 'engineer only can clear a tamper fault' setting ~ dunno for sure if this panel has that facility.
 30 July 2013 11:38 PM

Rulland

If you installed it and it does require an engineer reset then you should know the engineer code.

-------------------------
Those who make no mistakes do very little work!!......
 30 July 2013 11:40 PM

Rulland

If you didn't install it and it's set for engineer reset on tamper then opening the end station to change the battery has just added to the problem as well.

-------------------------
Those who make no mistakes do very little work!!......
 31 July 2013 01:01 AM

johnbyrne

I'm not sure if it applies to that panel but don't Honeywell panels flash the tamper light as a service indicator after a given number of sets. AS in after the thing has been set 800 times the light flashes, means nothing other than collect money to turn it off.
Cheers
 08 August 2013 06:06 PM

sizzler

thanks for the feedback guys i managed to get rid of the 24hr tamper light by linking R- to the -ve so problem up at the strobe/sounder box right enough - the place was recently roughcasted so the sounder probably had a bit of strain on its wiring during that :-)
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.