Increase font size
Topic Title: Nurse-call system
Topic Summary: Advice required
Created On: 25 July 2013 02:33 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 25 July 2013 02:33 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

microy

I have a hard-wired, 40 call-point, nurse-call system to upgrade in the North West.

I can use the existing wiring but this would mean the system being down whilst the work was in progress therefore I am thinking of installing a wireless or addressable system.

I have looked on the C-TEC site and their systems look ideal but I want some professional advice. I have asked C-TEC but, although their site says otherwise, they will not send anybody out to the site to advise on the optimum system.

Does anybody know of any wholesalers who provide this service?

Thanks in advance.

Mike.
 25 July 2013 03:54 PM

OMS

Several manufacturers will provide system design, including C Tec.

Usually they need a basic plan layout with such things as room types, locations of the CDC, WC's etc and a stated requirement for "follow me" lamps or full address text along with a requirememt for transfer of base station, dect phones, paging etc.

Basically, you should define what you want with a minimum requirement to have a system compliant with HTM 08-3 and decide if you also require cardiac alarms and attack alarms integrated as part of the system

Perhaps also discuss with your client and particular requirements for dementia patients.

I'm guessing this is for nursing care rather than full blown hospital bed head services but the requirements won't be that different.

Be warned however, that you won't always get a design response until you've placed an order.

Regards

OMS

-------------------------
Failure is always an option
 25 July 2013 10:44 PM

microy

OMS

Thanks for your response.

After further investigation it appears that I can't use the addressable system without some disruption as the existing wiring would have to be altered considerably.

I will take your advice and contact C-TEC with a layout and list of requirements.

I would still like to know if anybody knows of any wholesalers who would give on-site advice.

Regards

Mike
 26 July 2013 09:18 AM

Rulland

I did a nurse call not so long ago, existing was 40 plus rooms, four monitoring stations over two floors, call points, pressure mats and loo pull cords.
Multicore cables between stations etc.

Replaced with addressable, set dips etc on all new kit before commencing, prepped/worked out what existing cores to use for new data bus etc, used lappy to program main panel-descriptors and such, installed over the course of two days, but all rooms were monitored by the end of day one.

-------------------------
Those who make no mistakes do very little work!!......
 26 July 2013 10:00 AM

microy

Rulland .

What make and model did you install?

The existing system is a Nurse call 80 and has been in service for about 25 years. The circuit boards and soldering look very amateurish.

The present system has 4 cores from call points and over-door lights ,all going to one of three panels with six cores between panels.

It appears that, after looking at the downloaded wiring diagrams and speaking to the tech department at C-TEC, I would have to join the 4 cores in series at the panels in order to use an addressable system. Although I might have misunderstood what was said.

Any further advice would be fully appreciated.

Regards

Mike
 26 July 2013 10:00 AM

microy

Rulland .

What make and model did you install?

The existing system is a Nurse call 80 and has been in service for about 25 years. The circuit boards and soldering look very amateurish.

The present system has 4 cores from call points and over-door lights ,all going to one of three panels with six cores between panels.

It appears that, after looking at the downloaded wiring diagrams and speaking to the tech department at C-TEC, I would have to join the 4 cores in series at the panels in order to use an addressable system. Although I might have misunderstood what was said.

Any further advice would be fully appreciated.

Regards

Mike
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.