Increase font size
Topic Title: New-Chip-PIN-device
Topic Summary:
Created On: 22 July 2013 08:28 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 22 July 2013 08:28 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

jcm256

Not a bad idea but is it another way to make easy money from tradesmen.

However, the system is not free to use for traders, who will be charged a fee of 2.75 per cent of the value of the transaction to authorise each payment.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...-it.html#ixzz2Zkz5yxdK
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...t&utm_campaign=educate
 22 July 2013 08:40 AM

ebee

Well you could add 2.674 or something to the bill before charging then you end up not out of pocket.

Rather like the £300 warm front grants where the tradesman gets £250 and warm front pocket the £50 as admin fees. So you just add £50 on to job before charging customer

-------------------------
Regards,
Ebee (M I S P N)

Knotted cables cause Lumpy Lektrik
 22 July 2013 03:25 PM

Cremeegg

Santander have linked up with a similar device called izettle. I've seen several others at various shows but can't remember their names.

The izettle ones I looked at were a similar fee structure but were somewhat restricted on which android phones they would work on - but at least their website gives a list of those that it won't work with - including as it happens my current phone!
 28 July 2013 10:12 PM

WalkersWiring

I think these devices are still a bit before their time. In a few years I'm sure they'll be more common, but right now I would not feel happy giving my debit card to a tradesman armed with a fancy gadget plugged into his smartphone, & I am a tradesman. I don't like the charges either. There are more efficient ways of using a smartphone for quick payments, and although it doesn't work out like this every time, just last week the moon must have been in the right position or something, as whilst still on site I completed my invoice using the Invoive2go app on my iPhone & completed a MWC using iCertifi, emailed them both to the client & notified the job online. Checking my bank balance half an hour later using the NatWest mobile app showed that I had been paid & the funds were cleared & ready to go. Doesn't get much more simple really...

-------------------------
Regards -

Jerry

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of a cheap price...
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.