Increase font size
Topic Title: Elex 2013
Topic Summary: Technical Seminars
Created On: 18 June 2013 04:32 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 18 June 2013 04:32 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Pacific

I notice the venerable Mr Cable is hosting a seminar on earthing & bonding at this weeks Elex in Manchester, has anyone been to a previous event, is it worth going?
 18 June 2013 05:32 PM

Cremeegg

I suspect it'll be the usual Uncle Tony roadshow with a younger sidekick I suspect. In the absence of anything new in the Regs - I presume it'd just be a re-run of whatever publications NICEIC do on earthing & bonding with the usual NICEIC spin on their own little foibles and a few of Uncle Tonys life experiences.

Judging by other Elex seminars I've been too its worth going just to hear some of the really embarrassing questions asked by time served sparkies that should really know better. On the plus side at least they are asking.

Go to the NICEIC seminars and grab the free pens and some useful freebies to give to your customers - but don't expect a massively illuminating seminar. Overall the exhibitions are well worth going to.
 18 June 2013 05:35 PM

Avatar for redtoblackblewtopieces.
redtoblackblewtopieces

Depends on your knowledge , a day you learn something new is never wasted , I think its the one he talks about the different coloured earth clamps and their uses:-)
Kevin

-------------------------
Safety through a Standard
Compliance by Approved Documents
 19 June 2013 09:46 AM

AJJewsbury

I think its the one he talks about the different coloured earth clamps and their uses

Is that the red/blue/green stripes? Is the green for TN-S systems (as you're connecting to true earth), blue for PNB (as it's really N you're connecting to) and red for PME as a reminder that it might go live?
- Andy.
 19 June 2013 09:58 AM

ebee

No you silly boy.

Red for hot water pipes, blue for cold & green for gas!

Seriously though, I hope to be going `cos I miss my preferred option od Harrogate this year.

They are usually interesting and yes some daft questions get asked but some good ones too.

-------------------------
Regards,
Ebee (M I S P N)

Knotted cables cause Lumpy Lektrik
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.