Increase font size
Topic Title: Anti-copy software for web site
Topic Summary: Any recommendations?
Created On: 19 April 2013 05:03 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 19 April 2013 05:03 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Jaymack

I've had this on web site pages, for a few years now. It stopped washing of the script and right clicks for copying etc. Now the HTML code has been replaced with full page script and drop down boxes, for driving directions etc., it no longer functions for anti-copying, and the corrupted script can't be deleted.

I realise that any computer fundi, can bypass this software to view keywords etc., but a right click displayed a copyright message, for the ordinary user on my web site.

Any recommendations out there?

Regards
 20 April 2013 07:16 AM

Martynduerden

Have a look at the code behind my website, it has right click protection for declared browsers, I also use a company called copyscape, I was shocked by just how many companies had actually copied my text word for word! DMCA Sorted that! Quite annoying really that.

-------------------------
Regards

Martyn.

Only a mediocre person is always at their best

www.electrical contractors uk.com
 20 April 2013 10:30 AM

Jaymack

Originally posted by: Martynduerden
Have a look at the code behind my website, it has right click protection for declared browsers, I also use a company called copyscape, I was shocked by just how many companies had actually copied my text word for word! DMCA Sorted that! Quite annoying really that.

Thanks for the information. I don't recognise the anti-copy protection script amongst that lot.

I note however that the keywords below are duplicated, and have spaces after the commas, is that not a problem with search engines e.g. Google? e.g. electricians, ....... and ......... electrical contractors,

I was probably clocked by copyscape, during the looking.

Regards
 20 April 2013 11:56 AM

tomgunn

The problem is anyone can copy anything - there are versions on your PC or download something like Gadwin Screen Copier - I know its frustrating but theres always a way around copyright material.

Tom

Tom .... ( The TERMINATOR ).

handyTRADESMAN ... haha

Castle Builders

Why did Nick Clegg cross the road? Because he said he wouldn't!

I can resist anything..... except temptation! ( Karl Gunn ).
 20 April 2013 12:56 PM

Jaymack

Originally posted by: tomgunn
The problem is anyone can copy anything - there are versions on your PC or download something like Gadwin Screen Copier - I know its frustrating but theres always a way around copyright material.

"Print screen" and "Paint" is one method for image copying, but agreed, I just wanted one to protect my script, and the images that I copied from web sites. I don't like to make it too easy for competitors. The Sun appears to have good anti-copy for their page 3 photos, so I've heard.

Regards

Edited: 20 April 2013 at 04:23 PM by Jaymack
 21 April 2013 06:52 PM

Martynduerden

Originally posted by: Jaymack

Thanks for the information. I don't recognise the anti-copy protection script amongst that lot.

I note however that the keywords below are duplicated, and have spaces after the commas, is that not a problem with search engines e.g. Google? e.g. electricians, ....... and ......... electrical contractors,

I was probably clocked by copyscape, during the looking.

Regards

Pm me your email address and ill dig it out for you.

I don't seem to have any issues with the keywords, what are you thinking?

Regards

Martyn.

21 April 2013 07:08 PM

Jaymack

Entering keywords on my web site, specifically requires no space after the commas; also I understand rightly or wrongly, that google doesn't like repetitive words, such as "electrician" and "electrical engineer" in your case.

Regards
 21 April 2013 07:18 PM

Martynduerden

Originally posted by: Jaymack

Entering keywords on my web site, specifically requires no space after the commas; also I understand rightly or wrongly, that google doesn't like repetitive words, such as "electrician" and "electrical engineer" in your case.

Regards

There is so much mis information it's untrue - bit like the regs really!.

Google hates repetitive content, for example, electrician, local electrician.

But electrician and electrical are obviously different.

Some of my keywords are rubbish but my time is otherwise full. Ido t use web designers or any other incarnation of web person be it Seo or design, I have NEVER found one who is actually worth while or knows a great deal more than the results of a very quick search.

Do you do your own site?

Regards

Martyn.

21 April 2013 08:02 PM

Jaymack

Google hates repetitive content, for example, electrician, local electrician.
But electrician and electrical are obviously different.

You have 2 instances of "electrician", and 2 of "electrical engineer" in your keywords; and all your keywords have spaces after the commas, but I don't know if this gives a Google red card, or just delays the drilling down for a quicker display on web searches. If you search using your keywords and your site appears on the front page/s, then it probably makes no difference, especially if you're not short of work.

Due to the cost of so-called web developers, and although no expert, I have built my own web site using templates, they have limitations and I continually make changes; apparently this is also one of the recommendations, to enable faster searches and internet displays. I lashed out for SEO for my site but only once, before I gained enough information to DIY.

Regards
 21 April 2013 08:32 PM

Martynduerden

I built mine in dreamweaver cs3, steep learning curve but fully readable by the bots, templates are fine but those I found seemed to be a bit DIY and limited in features.

Do you rank well?

As for mine well I generally appear 1st page for my target phrases and as you guessed I'm not short of work though not from the web really, it's mainly word of mouth, the site is more of a reference point for first time customers checking me out!

Regards

Martyn.

21 April 2013 09:15 PM

Jaymack

Do you rank well?

My site appears on the first page, for most of my key words in my area. Although they are my keywords being searched, The clock register of hits is good, and surprisingly is a consistently good daily average, over many months.

Regards
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.