- Bath, Somerset
- Starting from £20,989, rising to £24,298
- Recruiter: University of Bath
- London or Glasgow
- £56,650 - £69,700 (London) or £52,600 - £64,000 (Glasgow)
You’ll have a key input into decisions on funding large transmission projects
- Recruiter: Ofgem
- Capenhurst, Chester
- Up to £45k
- Recruiter: EA Technology
Topic Title: Once upon a time in America
Topic Summary: Not in my back yard - I bought the house, now I can't sell it.
Created On: 18 April 2013 07:47 PM
Status: Post and Reply
|Linear : Threading : Single : Branch|
18 April 2013 07:47 PM
What to do if you can't sell your house, because of what's in your back yard.
Excerpts from the report: - My comments in Bold.
Unusual things began happening on Knob Hill decades ago. Light bulbs and appliances mysteriously switched on in the middle of the night. One family routinely discovered dead squirrels and possums in their backyard, and dozens of residents - unbeknownst to each other - suffered ailments that included insomnia, severe headaches, and inflammation of internal organs. Two little girls who lived 200 yards apart on either side of the Topaz Substation were afflicted with inflammation of their digestive systems. The girls became malnourished due to their inability to process food.
At least as far back as the 1980s, SCE received complaints from neighborhood residents who reported getting shocked when they touched appliances and metal doorknobs, according to court documents. (Static shock anyone?)
Kellers' own Double Yellow-headed Amazon parrot picked off its feathers immediately after he moved into the home. His veterinarian suggested electrical exposure might be the cause, but the SCE manager didn't believe it. LOL Visualize a Monty Python excerpt - The case of the baldy parrot.
She was frequently shocked by the washing machine, particularly when it held water. That doesn't hold water for me.
The overhead light and fan above Mary and Constantino's bed would suddenly turn on in the middle of the night. Bulbs throughout the house flickered and burnt out rapidly. "At first we thought it was a ghost," Mary said. Lost Neutral anyone?
Something not in dispute is that Wilson wanted out of the neighborhood. She asked SCE to buy back her house; the company refused. She contacted a lawyer.
On May 23, Wilson visited Redondo Beach neurologist, Dr. George Rederich. He was referred to her by her physician. Rederich noted that her symptoms were indicative of nerve damage. In a deposition, he later said that the fact that both her feet and her right hand appeared to be most impacted - each of the three limbs frequently turned bright red - suggested that she'd been subjected to "recurrent electrocution." "There is nothing else that would have explained her original pattern of the right hand and both feet," Rederich said.
Wilson's was the first case to go to trial. In late February, a week before the trial was scheduled to start, she discovered that she would be fighting a decidedly uphill fight. Neither Kellers, the SCE whistleblower, nor her doctor would be testifying on her behalf. I wonder why
FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2016 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.