IET logo
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Product advice
Topic Summary: Any pointers please?
Created On: 01 April 2013 01:02 PM
Status: Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01 April 2013 01:02 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 131
Joined: 06 January 2008

Customers kitchen florrie failed and he wants a replacement. However there's no cpc, so even though he's had this metal cased version for years, I'm not able to replace it (he eyed me with some suspicion when I told him this) I told him I'd look for a double insulated alternative but cant find one (except the IP variety better suited to greenhouses)
Any ideas where I might find a 5' single florrie thats either double insulated or plastic?
 02 April 2013 09:32 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 376
Joined: 06 November 2010

Sorry I am not able to help. Even the plastic IP rated sealed units I have fitted from a variety of supplies are class 1 with an internal metal tray and I am sure the instructions say they must be earthed and they would not look too attractive in a kitchen. Let us know if you find one.
 02 April 2013 12:20 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 472
Joined: 08 February 2011

Fern Howard make some 2D fluorescent class 2 fittings, might be worth contacting them

Electrical & Gas Certificates on iPhone & iPad

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2016 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.