Increase font size
Topic Title: Electric Showers
Topic Summary: Badly sited.
Created On: 24 March 2013 08:41 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 24 March 2013 08:41 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

ebee

One of my "pet hates" is showers badly sited.

The heater should mounted at correct height for ease of use by all prospective users.
NOT high up on a wall for use by giants only.

Say about chest height of a normal standing adult unless it`s predominantly for use by a sitting user in which case it would be mounted lower.
NOT out of the area of the above bath/basin

Spray mounted adjacent to heater therefore spraying away from it rather than towards it and riser rail at a height to accommodate most users in a spray slightly out towards them NOT above them.

Finally, it`s often more pleasing to the eye and slightly easier to use if spray is approx in middle portion of wall and heater to one side of it but definitely NOT at the side furthest away from most usual direction of access so you place your arm under spray to switch on and get cool/cold water or worse still (if no phased shutdown to allow for very recent use) and you get a very hot slug of water.

Why oh why am I constantly seeing showers at daft mountings on site or on websites?
AGGHHHH!

-------------------------
Regards,
Ebee (M I S P N)

Knotted cables cause Lumpy Lektrik
 24 March 2013 09:22 AM

dbullard

Just a small "Rant" Ebee" ...............

My pet hate ..................... Earth Rods with no protection for the connection ..............It only takes a small round box or if like me I prefer the square large one with 4 brass screws holding the top down and 2 stuffing glands one on the box base 25mm and a 20mm one on the side entry to stop any moisture, slugs and ants getting in a making a new home and keeping the connection clean and corrosion free, and I only use 5/8 rods, makes whacking them in much easier

Regards

D

edited for over excitement and speeeeeling

..... Dont pee in my pocket and tell me its raining ......

www.quest-electrical-sw.co.uk
 24 March 2013 10:11 AM

ebee

I can understand that Darren, not many earth rods around here though.
Do you feel like me about silly shower installs?

Regards,
Ebee (M I S P N)

Knotted cables cause Lumpy Lektrik
 24 March 2013 10:28 AM

dbullard

Yes amongst other things, basically Ebee it comes down to poorly thought out or no giving a MONKEYS CHUFF about installation work and just chucking in for a quick buck.

I do allot of testing and I regularly come across recently installed DB's of varying sizes not even labelled, Why ....... If I did that on my yearly assessment I'm sure I would have a black mark in the deviation from BS 7671 column from my inspector, Yes the majority are from "full scope" contractors who leave their stickers on DB's,and then fail to leave the "Mixed Colour" or "RCD" warning / information labels

I guess in our industry like many others their are "conscientious" contractors" and "chuck it in" contractors.

The job I am currently on(cataloging)was done 5 years ago by a Midlands based contractor, I have never seen so many NV / NA LIMS on a periodic ....... no cable sizes etc.

Still keeps me busy and the money rolling in I guess to pay the bills

D

..... Dont pee in my pocket and tell me its raining ......

www.quest-electrical-sw.co.uk
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.