Increase font size
Topic Title: Changes to part P ?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 22 March 2013 06:34 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 22 March 2013 06:34 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

synapse

What will be required for full scope registration of a part p scheme from April? I have spoken to Napit, NICEIC and ELECSA. All say something different.

Is a level 3 craft qualification (apprenticeship) needed to self certify if you have 2391, 238X ??

Some clarification would be welcome... thanks
 22 March 2013 06:55 PM

alanblaby

They 'say different' as they are different Organisations, and each have slightly different requirements.
They are the ones who can tell you the correct , current, requirements.
 22 March 2013 09:16 PM

slittle

I believe to become a new QS after April you will need an NVQ 3.

John Peckham is your man on this, he's been following it closely

Stu
 22 March 2013 09:40 PM

John Peckham

Type EAS in to the search bar at the top of this page. In the EAS document you will find the requirements to be a QS after April.

-------------------------
John Peckham

http://www.astutetechnicalservices.co.uk/
 23 March 2013 06:44 AM

synapse

Thanks for clarification -
 23 March 2013 08:19 AM

dickllewellyn

Originally posted by: alanblaby

They 'say different' as they are different Organisations, and each have slightly different requirements.

They are the ones who can tell you the correct , current, requirements.

You say that Alan, but Elecsa and NICEIC are both operated by cert sure now I believe since the merger, or certainly will be, if indeed they both continue to run side by side. You may find that Elecsa disappears. I know there is talk of ECA members being allowed to wear the nice badge in the future (yippee!).

Regards
Richard (Dick)

"Insert words of wisdom and/or witty pun here"
 23 March 2013 08:39 AM

tomgunn

So why do you need to become a 'QS' for electrical installations? Is it the case that if I want to install a new circuit in a wabbit hutch I will need to become a QS so that I can then join a scam society and then I can complete these works required on any wabbit hutch?

Tom

Tom .... ( The TERMINATOR ).

handyTRADESMAN ... haha

Castle Builders

Why did Nick Clegg cross the road? Because he said he wouldn't!

I can resist anything..... except temptation! ( Karl Gunn ).
 23 March 2013 08:48 AM

delta1

I spoke to the NICEIC earlier in the week about joining them as a DI as I'm just starting out. I enquired about the NVQ3 requirement as I don't have it, and was told "you sound like you know what you're doing, you should be fine from what you've told us (2391, 17th, 2330 L2 and L3)"
I'm not sure how strict they will be over the NVQ3. Probably not very if numbers drop substantiality.

Regards

Edit for spelling
 23 March 2013 12:15 PM

Testit

I understand the needs for standards, however experience shows its not your qualifications that determines your competence in any field of work. I work in electrical field, health, and stock markets, and all three fields have an industry built around wealth creation via education and creation of new standards. Luckily the stock markets are the only industry allowing one to progress through ones competence alone..., and its clearly reflected that those who cant progress through competence are selling themselves as competent for education and training, clear as otherwise they would be busy trading... unfortunately the other two industries you are at the whim of those in positions to legislate otherwise, and therefore simply "paper" as the trading world would say.... who needs people trying to knock down your rate or organisations charging you more for simply practicing.... hopefully it wont change for existing people, just new but thats my sentiments on it anyway.... good luck to all those who do a good job out there.... you may soon be outpriced by training needs and have to cut corners on jobs to get more work and exist by dropping standards, fortunately I don't have to....

Online Services - http://propertydevelopment.org.uk

Experience can sometimes show that cost prevails over quality and safety, such little self-value that people hold.
 24 March 2013 09:24 PM

stateit

Originally posted by: tomgunn

So why do you need to become a 'QS' for electrical installations? Is it the case that if I want to install a new circuit in a wabbit hutch I will need to become a QS so that I can then join a scam society and then I can complete these works required on any wabbit hutch?

Tom

Absolutely Correct Tom!

You will also need a Veterinary Diploma for the rabbit bit, a C&G in Woodwork for the wooden bit of the hutch and an NVQ in Metal Fabrication for the chicken wire .

It's all to make your life easier in the long run.

S George
http://www.sg-electrical.com
 24 March 2013 10:06 PM

jcm256

Here is the latest guidance note issued 01/04/13 from one of the Building Control Bodies.

See they still have not decided what is a third party certifier exactly is yet.

But they talk of a registered third party certifier scheme, (that would be like the Government telling you to join a union in order to carry out your work)

Open Leaflet 20 on web site below:

http://www.tameside.gov.uk/bui...control/guidancenotes

Or

">"><br ">&l.......sea...e26.pdf.htm

]http://www.findthatpdf.com/search-43111894-hPDF/download-documents-note26.pdf.htm
<br [/L]

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, it gives a list of qualifications required to carry out electrical work.
They have included a JIB registered Electrician.

Edited: 25 March 2013 at 06:23 PM by jcm256
 25 March 2013 09:24 AM

tomgunn

Originally posted by: stateit

Originally posted by: tomgunn

Tom [IMG][/IMG]

Absolutely Correct Tom!

You will also need a Veterinary Diploma for the rabbit bit, a C&G in Woodwork for the wooden bit of the hutch and an NVQ in Metal Fabrication for the chicken wire .

It's all to make your life easier in the long run.

Stateit... Thanks for that - in all honesty I was feeling a bit peed orf this morning - I had to laugh out when I read your reply... and now you've cheered me up - thanks!!

But now I can see that you're correct - its all seems so understandable now - life WILL be considerably easier, once I have gone back to college to obtain those qualifications.... I do worry about my wabbits.. so I WILL get my finger out and look after them... and they can be certain that any works completed to their lovely little homes would be of the highest quality... and all completed with the H&S peeps in mind... and the understanding factor that I have these new C&G's certificates plus a good secure lock on their new home... so that they WILL sleep better... I will take care of them, ( ones called 'Wabbi', ( thats the Jewish one ), and the others called 'Wobbin', ( AKA 'Wobbin Hood' ), after that well known anagram of David Cameron - if you jumble his name it actually comes out to 'Wobbin Hood' and, coincidentally, they are similar characters - they both stole from the quite well off and gave it to the poor - the only difference being is that David Cameron also steals from the poor and gives it to his VERY / RICH - wealthy friends ).

So you can now all rest in peace knowing that both 'Wabbi' and 'Wobbin' will have a safe life ahead of them and they will be fed the very best quality food and grow to a good size and when they are looking really healthy and stocky - I'll eat them and downed with a glass of ! Anyone for a Wabbit pie??

Tom

Tom .... ( The TERMINATOR ).

handyTRADESMAN ... haha

Castle Builders

Why did Nick Clegg cross the road? Because he said he wouldn't!

I can resist anything..... except temptation! ( Karl Gunn ).
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.