Topic Title: which van? NEVER another vivaro
Topic Summary: heap of********
Created On: 05 March 2013 08:50 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06 March 2013 06:21 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

mrcornbeef

I Agree with transits bought mine new 2007 its done 116,000 miles , had oil pump replaced, starter motor , and a pipe replaced for power steering apart from that just tyres and servicing . still drives lovely ,
pleased it is going OK wouldn,t like to buy a new now they are expensive but Defo great vans
 06 March 2013 06:26 PM

dickllewellyn

Originally posted by: rocknroll
the bloody thing does not even have roof bars on it to carry a kayak, sometimes two and often masts and sail

You'll have to take up "play boating". You'll get one of those kayaks in the boot!

One of the main reasons I miss my old transporter is that when I come out the canal and load the kayak onto the roof of my berlingo, there just isn't room inside to get changed like the old van!

-------------------------
Regards
Richard (Dick)

"Insert words of wisdom and/or witty pun here"
 06 March 2013 06:41 PM

rocknroll

You'll have to take up "play boating". You'll get one of those kayaks in the boot!

LOL I have actually seen a three part kayak that a guy pulled out of a Volvo estate at the harbour, apparently he got it from some firm in N Wales seems okay when assembled. AluBach or something.

regards

"Take nothing but a picture,
leave nothing but footprints!"
"Oh! The drama of it all."
"You can throw all the philosophy you like at the problem, but at the end of the day it's just basic electrical theory!"
 06 March 2013 07:55 PM

dbullard

Blimey RNR you are close ......... lol

Interesting thread, my Scudo has come to the end of if its usefull tax life and has been an amazing van and is still very very tidy, went down to Bramel allens tday to get a VIVARO 10990 pre reg with 12 miles in clock my van chopped in and the rest on the never never ..... didnt sign as I wanted to shop around abit, did look at the transit custom, very nice just chuffing expensive.
Would have another scudo but im hearing awfull reports about the 6 speed gearbox giving up the ghost.

Anyone care to shed any more on other vans

Regards

Daren

..... Dont pee in my pocket and tell me its raining ......

www.quest-electrical-sw.co.uk
 06 March 2013 09:51 PM

Zs

Yep,

I have an 02 Vauxhall combo. Serviced regularly and rarely very clean. Too small really but it has hardly given me any trouble other than a cracked heater matrix and the EPS(? Is that what it's called? the computer box bit) went once and got restored for £200 by a nice man in Devon to whom I posted it. 110,000 miles. My only complaint is frost on the inside and how long it takes to warm up. Replacement back doors after the robbery, from ebay. I say stay with well known and stay with an easy parts market.

I have a mate who bought an 02 a couple of years back and he thought it was a stop gap until he bought something else. He still appreciates it and is not going to change.

She owes me nothing and the radio works. I have decided she is my last van and I'm going to pay for repairs. Because I am a sentimental oldish fool and that little van has made a huge contribution. Screwdrivers made into roses on the dashboard which the BOD once made for me, aaah. Not forgetting that the local trades have come to recognise it and it is a belonging thing as we drive past each other at silly O'clock in the morning.

Mart, are you keeping the big van as well? Mart's van is gorgeous and mahooosive.

My car, on the other hand, gleams like the day I bought it. If you buy new you really take care of the vehicle but if it arrives pre-loved it is just a work horse.

Zs
 06 March 2013 10:20 PM

dbullard

Hi Zs,

Combo to small for me i'm afraid, The scudo is getting a little small (push bike in the back at all times) in case I fancy a ride after work.

Regards

Daren

..... Dont pee in my pocket and tell me its raining ......

www.quest-electrical-sw.co.uk
 07 March 2013 09:09 AM

dickllewellyn

My old vauxhaul combo almost made quarter of a million miles before the head gasket went and I threw the towel in. What I used to love about it were the little recesses under the load bed behind the seats. A bit of MDF and some 6"x9" speakers gave an excellent sound box, and people would regularly hear Metalica or Guns N Roses coming before they saw me (minding built up areas and language if you please). Before that I had an Astra van and used to keep a bugle behind the passenger seat to entertain myself in traffic!

Regards
Richard (Dick)

07 March 2013 11:31 AM

Dave69

well I have given finding faults on the wiring loom and its now a rewire jobby

when.IF i get it running again does anyone wanna buy a cheap van
 07 March 2013 04:26 PM

TheAA1

Hello Dave, we'd like to address this with you. Please email the details to chat@theaa.com including reference FOR36690. Kind Regards, The AA
 07 March 2013 05:37 PM

Dave69

WOW did the AA join just for me? now I feel important
 07 March 2013 06:31 PM

TopTrumper

Dave, have you been hitting the bottle ? lol (AA)

PS, Dave I cant sell what I dont own, my renault trafic is 3 years on never never, see how it goes, but right now, its best vehicle i have ever owned
 07 March 2013 06:52 PM

mikejumper

Originally posted by: dickllewellyn
My old vauxhaul combo almost made quarter of a million miles before the head gasket went and I threw the towel in.

It was rust that eventually did for mine at only 125k.
Nice simple reliable vans, which is probably why you still see so many of them buzzing around.
 07 March 2013 07:37 PM

dickllewellyn

Originally posted by: mikejumper

My old vauxhaul combo almost made quarter of a million miles before the head gasket went and I threw the towel in.

It was rust that eventually did for mine at only 125k.

Nice simple reliable vans, which is probably why you still see so many of them buzzing around.

Mine was the old shape. Corsa with a big bum! It was a 1.4 petrol. Rust wasn't actually that prevalent on mine, only on the bump of the roof from stone chips.

Regards
Richard (Dick)

07 March 2013 07:53 PM

mikejumper

Mine was the old shape.

So was mine, but with a 1.8 Isuzu diesel engine, never let me down.

I didn't know Astra vans came with a bugle, were the horns unreliable on those vans.
 09 March 2013 12:32 PM

Dave69

well the wiring loom is rewired, just waiting for the rain to stop before I try to fit it and then find out what else is wrong with this pile of junk.

hopefully it'll be on ebay next week, so be warned DONT buy a silver vivaro off ebay
 09 March 2013 02:16 PM

dickllewellyn

Best of luck Dave. Hope you don't have any more set backs.

Regards
Richard (Dick)

09 March 2013 04:06 PM

markespark

Anyone got an NV200 ? Had a test drive very impressed
 10 March 2013 01:55 PM

slittle

We've got a combo, 04 plate. 150,000 miles and still going strong.

I was lucky when we brought it at 2 years old as the guy who had it before had it from new with all the extras, electric windows, cd player etc and it's a real nice van.

I think we've probably only really spent money on the suspension in the last couple of years and that's more to do with where we work rather than the van.

We've got a transit connect too and that seems ok, had a bit of a rattle but that's been fixed and it's behaving nicely now.

I'm enjoying the creature comforts of my ranger. It's possibly not the most practical of vans if you are wanting to cart lots of gear about but I've got as much in it as I had my the peugeot expert but it's much nicer to drive and goes through/over anything.

Stu
 10 March 2013 08:57 PM

Rulland

Originally posted by: markespark

Anyone got an NV200 ? Had a test drive very impressed

I've had mine since beginning of December, very nice, economical, comfortable, spacious enough for my requirements, rear camera is superb for...............reversing, and parking so that scroats can't get into the rear doors-recommended van tbh.

Those who make no mistakes do very little work!!......
 10 March 2013 10:19 PM

Dave69

Ok wiring loom back in the van and the piece of junk still wont go, but now I am confused, it would be so much easier with a wiring diagram, The boost pressure solenoid is buzzing. It has a permanent positive 12 supply and the negative is controlled via the ECU but I thought the neg was modulated but when I put my scope on it a just get a smoothish DC supply, no pulsing. Anyone got any ideas?
IET » Wiring and the regulations » which van? NEVER another vivaro

<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.