Topic Title: Off topic, Worcester Bosh condensing boiler
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04 March 2013 06:57 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 17 April 2013 02:38 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

tomgunn

Originally posted by: Grumpy

Just come out of hibernation Tom?

Fraid not - its just my humble opinion - seen what damage doing that can do.

Tom

-------------------------
Tom .... ( The TERMINATOR ).

handyTRADESMAN ... haha

Castle Builders

Why did Nick Clegg cross the road? Because he said he wouldn't!

I can resist anything..... except temptation! ( Karl Gunn ).
 17 April 2013 07:25 PM

deapea

Thanks for all the input. I was stuck between a rock and hard place in the midst of the ice age with a knackered boiler.

Do I start replacing parts and try and fix it or do I bite the bullet and buy a new boiler??

Had to get some heat on for wife and 2 teenage girls so bought exact same model (checked out with installers and they have a very good rep' but "I've been unlucky") This made it easy as pipe work all inplace.

I've done an autopsy on the dead guy and can see no obvious cause of death. No signs of gunk, water runs through HEX ok. No signs of bulging on the HEX.

I've since spoken to an expert and he reckons it was probably something as simple as the gas mix not being correct causing the water to get too hot too quick.

An expensive experience but at least I've got a full set of spare parts now
 17 April 2013 09:17 PM

SKElectrical

I don't know why they make these boilers so bloody small, it makes repair work near impossible. Even the thought of part dismantling is off putting enough.
All we can do is guess. For it to work then not, then work, then not, I would have guessed a faulty temp sensor but it really is guesswork. What a shame. I would recommend you sell it on ebay for spares repairs you should get IRO £300 - don't let it rust in your shed for personal spares, as you will have a new 5 year warranty.
 21 April 2013 09:04 PM

Martynduerden

Originally posted by: SKElectrical

I don't know why they make these boilers so bloody small, it makes repair work near impossible. Even the thought of part dismantling is off putting enough.

All we can do is guess. For it to work then not, then work, then not, I would have guessed a faulty temp sensor but it really is guesswork. What a shame. I would recommend you sell it on ebay for spares repairs you should get IRO £300 - don't let it rust in your shed for personal spares, as you will have a new 5 year warranty.

They make them small for easy installation, service and repair of the junior range is simplicity itself, to be fair they don't generally go wrong in my experience.

Unfortunatly the 5year warranty doesn't yet apply to the junior range, its 2 years, but the primary heat exchanger has a 10 year subject to stringent conditions.

As for spares dirt cheap!

-------------------------
Regards

Martyn.

Only a mediocre person is always at their best

www.electrical contractors uk.com
IET » Wiring and the regulations » Off topic, Worcester Bosh condensing boiler

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.