IET logo

IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Help choosing certification software
Topic Summary: i require independent advice on what certification software to buy
Created On: 03 March 2013 01:46 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03 March 2013 01:46 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

pauljasonuk

Hello

I am an NICEIC approved contractor and i have always preferred hand writing my own certificates however i am very computer literate and i am certifying work so much more now i really need to move to software versions, can you please give me independent advice on whats the best software to use, thank you

Paul Jason Electrical
 03 March 2013 01:48 PM

jsa986

Have you got an iPhone or iPad? If you have, follow the links to iCertifi, you can download it and test it for free.

-------------------------
www.icertifi.co.uk
Electrical & Gas Certificates on iPhone & iPad

Edited: 03 March 2013 at 02:29 PM by jsa986
 03 March 2013 02:24 PM

John Peckham

Paul

Welcome to the forum. I would recommend Easycert from Tysoft. You can download it for free and play with it for 2 weeks and then pay for it if you are happy with the product. I have Easycert and Amtech Fasttest but only use the Easycert as it is so easy to use.

I have no connection with Tysoft other than as a satisfied customer.

John Peckham

http://www.astutetechnicalservices.co.uk/
 03 March 2013 03:10 PM

Avatar for redtoblackblewtopieces.
redtoblackblewtopieces

I use Easycert as well, must be four or five years now, have recommended to other electricians I know and they also are very happy with it.
Kevin

Safety through a Standard
Compliance by Approved Documents
 03 March 2013 06:10 PM

rutts

If you aren't using an I ad or I phone then you could try these

Fillable PDF's? They have been extensively updated and are now available here

http://www.talk.electricianfor...subscribed-downloads/

Less than a tenner for the EICR, EIC (multi and single sig),MW and Dnager Notification

with more to come.
 04 March 2013 09:05 PM

mossep

I would have recommended Easycert, but I feel that I have been had over by them. My laptop broke recently and I needed to re-install Easycert and Easypat. As I had not paid for the extra customer support package they would not give me an activation code to get it running again. So I had already paid for the software once, then had to pay again when I needed to re-install it.

Be careful that you never have a hardware failure if you don't intend to pay a yearly subscription to them!

www.mossep.com
 06 March 2013 02:58 AM

Martynduerden

Originally posted by: mossep

I would have recommended Easycert, but I feel that I have been had over by them. My laptop broke recently and I needed to re-install Easycert and Easypat. As I had not paid for the extra customer support package they would not give me an activation code to get it running again. So I had already paid for the software once, then had to pay again when I needed to re-install it.

Be careful that you never have a hardware failure if you don't intend to pay a yearly subscription to them!

Yes I too often feel screwed over by tysoft, you need a customer care package to reinstall which stinks, their practices actually feel illegal, I own a software license why can't I use it without paying again.

They will never see another penny off me.

Ps they charge extra for I device functionality - joke in the modern day.

Regards

Martyn.

Only a mediocre person is always at their best

www.electrical contractors uk.com
 06 March 2013 06:00 AM

Zs

I showed your certification software to OMS yesterday Rutts, hopefully he will feed back for you on here.

I wouldn't use anything else and I had tysoft before yours came along.

What beggers belief is the number of downloads you had when you had them on here for free compared to the number now that they cost a few pence.

Rutts certs, all the way. They are for real electricians though and they don't do fancy calculations for you, you have to know what to put in the boxes.

Zs
 06 March 2013 06:51 AM

Paradigm

Paul

The NIC are releasing online certification soon, I have no idea what its like and believe its on a "pay as you go" type system, bit like Rutts.

Might be worth looking into that as well before laying any money out on tysoft etc.

I have used tysoft for a couple of years now but am considering the change to something else as I know what Martyn & Mossep are going on about!!

Nick

"be careful of what you write"
 06 March 2013 07:46 AM

Jaymack

EasyCert is getting beyond it's sell by date; if the NICEIC are bringing out their pay as you go system, I'll go for that, particularly if it will validate as wot EasyCert does.

Grievances with EasyCert: -

A continual nag on startup about paying for an annual support update, despite the option of ticking "Don't show this message again"

When printing, a continual message displays that my system is low on resources ........... when it isn't.

I updated this software a few weeks ago, and before the support was due to expire, however I didn't check that the additional facility to synchronise with a PDA was still available, now I find that it isn't.

I have no intention of renewing the £60 odd, for renewing the annual support to this software.

Regards
 06 March 2013 07:50 AM

rutts

@Zs. Have you got the latest certs from the forum. Only they've been updated since I sent you the last set.
 06 March 2013 11:17 AM

KFH

I use PIRform and am very happy with it, it does all the things I want to do and does them well. I am not with NICEIC so I don't know if you can use their forms.
 06 March 2013 11:48 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

dickllewellyn

Likewise KFH. I'm just waiting for them to release the ipad app they've been promising for the last year or two!

Regards
Richard (Dick)

"Insert words of wisdom and/or witty pun here"
 06 March 2013 03:45 PM

KFH

I will stick with my pen and paper for recording results. I have found them remarkably resilient to being dropped and I can usually get a free spare when I forget to put a notepad in the van :-)
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.