Increase font size
Topic Title: definition of an installation
Topic Summary: EIC sections etc
Created On: 23 February 2013 10:26 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 23 February 2013 10:26 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

psychicwarrior

somewhere on this forum I read a thread about opinions on the definition of 'installation'; wish i could find it - perhaps the comments were buried in another topic.

any way, many 'installations' I have seen have tails from meter into a splitter block (henley if you like) and then perhaps feeding two or a few boards.

each board in the cases I see has a main switch, but sometimes there has been none for the 'whole installation' as such.

EIC has sections that ' particulars of the installation referred....certificate"

Once section is main switch!

So in this scenario of taking off from the splitter, is a board (a new one added, or an existing one) an 'installation in its own right' and all appropriate sections of EIC are relating to that main board e.g. max demand ?

Or, is the installation still the whole thing, with the eg. demand on the supply, and if so what about lack of main switch etc ?

Cant help feeling Im going over old well trodden ground, but thought Id ask please............

Cheers
Habs

.......... and then in April I may give it all up - and so soon - as this industry has gone mad ! and sent me with it with.... all the regular over-regulation in the vain hope of 'cleaning up this terribly unsafe, unskilled industry' and introducing more and more 'qualifying' changes to be able to practise. Makes no sense to me.
 23 February 2013 12:41 PM

daveparry1

If all the outgoing supplies feed the same building or even a remote garage/shed etc. i'd call it one installation,

Dave.
 23 February 2013 02:33 PM

maltrefor

http://www.theiet.org/forums/f...tid=205&threadid=36646

An EIC only applies to the circuit/board that you have installed and asks about the main switch on the board, whereas an EICR asks about the point of origin etc. and sub-boards.

Edited: 23 February 2013 at 02:44 PM by maltrefor
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.