Increase font size
Topic Title: increasing pv array size
Topic Summary:
Created On: 21 February 2013 03:40 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 21 February 2013 03:40 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

inamess

if i were to up grade my array from 2.5kw to 4 kw how would i get paid ie old rate for 2.5 and new rate for 1.5kw or a new lower rate for all of it
many thanks
 21 February 2013 05:49 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

AJJewsbury

This is marked as draft, but I've not found anything that contradicts it yet: http://www.ofgem.gov.uk/Sustai...upplier%20guidance.pdf - it seems to suggest that you'll get the old rate for the old part still - possibly unless the original installation is less than 12 months old, in which case you might get the old rate for all of it.

- Andy.
 21 February 2013 05:57 PM

daveparry1

Cut you losses and stay with what you've already got, it's a complete waste of money as far as I can see, why throw more money into a black hole!

Dave.
 22 February 2013 08:58 AM

ectophile

Originally posted by: daveparry1

Cut you losses and stay with what you've already got, it's a complete waste of money as far as I can see, why throw more money into a black hole!

Dave.

Cut your losses? I can't think of many investments that would give me a 12% return on investment, plus free daytime electricity on top.

-------------------------
S P Barker BSc PhD MIET
 22 February 2013 09:20 AM

jammyc

Inamess, you're right: You should keep your existing rate for the original 2.5 kW, whereas the extension will be at the new <4kW rate.

For future reference, if you decide to expand further, you will count as having "filled up" your <4kW tariff band, so your third phase will start in the 4-10kW band, and so on.

The 12 month rule used to be the case but was ended by Ofgem as people were using it as a cunning way to hold onto old tariffs for larger installations.

Source: I'm looking at the Ofgem Guidance for Suppliers v4 - the current version of the draft Andy posted. If I could find the link I'd post it, but suffice to say the wording for Chaper 6 is the same.

James
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.