Increase font size
Topic Title: No c.p.c's sticker
Topic Summary: Where to purchase?
Created On: 13 February 2013 06:07 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 13 February 2013 06:07 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Approvedspark

Recently quoted for a consumer unit upgrade for a little old dear, lighting circuit has no c.p.c's, she can't afford the lighting rewire, there are no class 1 fittings. Shes lived in the house 20 years and there are no apparent alterations whatsoever. I've read the ESC guide several times and I am not to worried about leaving the circuit be as I can't see her having any light fittings changed any time soon. However I am aware the house could potentially have new tenants within the next 10 years or so and that the correct labelling is needed on the CU. So after enquiring at the local wholesalers (where one of the guys can usually find me anything and everything) they can't get hold of any of the warning labels. Apparently the only people that produce them is the NICEIC and I am not a member. So does anybody know where I can purchase some labels?

I was going to use this job on my upcoming elecsa assessment but I wanted everything perfect and this has put me off!

Cheers.

-------------------------
If you think you're too small to have an impact, try going to bed with a mosquito in the room.
 13 February 2013 06:11 PM

daveparry1

I think niceic will sell them to you although you are not a member, just have a look on their website. Do elecsa not do them then? Otherwise have a search on Ebay, there are company's on there that do all sorts of labels,

Dave.
 13 February 2013 06:16 PM

Approvedspark

Originally posted by: daveparry1

I think niceic will sell them to you although you are not a member, just have a look on their website. Do elecsa not do them then? Otherwise have a search on Ebay, there are company's on there that do all sorts of labels,

Dave.

Cheers Dave,

Didn't realise the shop was open to all. Pack of 50 for £8.51.

If you think you're too small to have an impact, try going to bed with a mosquito in the room.
 13 February 2013 06:40 PM

daveparry1

Oh yes, they rarely turn down money!
 14 February 2013 09:10 AM

mkmike

You can get them from the ELECSA shop or the label people sells them (about a fiver for 50 last time I ordered some)
 14 February 2013 09:26 AM

OMS

I was going to use this job on my upcoming elecsa assessment but I wanted everything perfect and this has put me off!

Don't take this personally, but is it only me that wonders about having what appears to be a totally pointless DB change in a "perfect condition" ? whilst leaving installed a totally unearthed lighting installation approved by a registration body ?

Regards

OMS

Failure is always an option
 14 February 2013 09:29 AM

Jaymack

I carry a stock of my own stickie specials, and blank ones for writing on. e.g. from Staples.

Regards
 14 February 2013 12:44 PM

AJJewsbury

Or just print your own? Half decent labelling machines are reasonably cheap these days, or even print out from a PC onto a bit of glossy paper and attach with a bit of double-sided sticky tape?

- Andy.
 14 February 2013 02:39 PM

Jaymack

Originally posted by: AJJewsbury
Or just print your own? Half decent labelling machines are reasonably cheap these days, or even print out from a PC onto a bit of glossy paper and attach with a bit of double-sided sticky tape?

A4 sheets of stick-on labels are available from Staples, they come in different sizes. Easy to print the sheets off using software for label printing. I use them for advertising etc., for sticking on DB's etc .

Labelling machines are time consumng at the coal face, and use expensive tapes in my experience. I have never used mine in earnest.

Regards
 14 February 2013 10:17 PM

daveparry1

At a cost of only 17 pence per lable for the niceic ones is it really worth the bother of printing your own? Tbh the tight fistedness of some of you here amazes me!

Dave.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.