Topic Title: Smart homes
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10 February 2013 09:17 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 13 February 2013 07:15 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Approvedspark

Originally posted by: sparkingchip

Regards Loxone, I have ended up on their email contact list, having looked through the training courses they offer, you have to pay for the course, buy or hire the equipment you need to use on the training course, then you only get a certificate if they like you!

Andy

After enquiring about the course it would appear I have to hire a case for the course £40 a day or buy one @ £700

-------------------------
If you think you're too small to have an impact, try going to bed with a mosquito in the room.
 13 February 2013 09:27 PM

sparkingchip

Martyn, Dick have both been on the course, so perhaps they can comment?

Andy
 13 February 2013 10:38 PM

dickllewellyn

Martyn is the man to ask, he stayed for all three days. I couldn't get the time away from site, so I only did the first day. I'm confident that from there I got enough of a grasp to muddle through my first job, though I'd be tempted to put it in my own house as something to play with first. I felt confident to go that route, and would be installing by now if we weren't due to put the house on the market!

If I'd had the time to do the course, I'd be happy paying £40 to hire a case. Rather than buying one, I'd be inclined to buy their welcome kit wher you get much more gear to play with, but obviously less presentable to customers. My theory was to buy a bus and kit it out to be a mobile show home. I probably won't though!

Regards
Richard (Dick)

"Insert words of wisdom and/or witty pun here"
 13 February 2013 10:51 PM

Martynduerden

Originally posted by: Approvedspark

Originally posted by: sparkingchip

Regards Loxone, I have ended up on their email contact list, having looked through the training courses they offer, you have to pay for the course, buy or hire the equipment you need to use on the training course, then you only get a certificate if they like you!

Andy

After enquiring about the course it would appear I have to hire a case for the course £40 a day or buy one @ £700

Nope, I didn't have to pay hire charges, paid course fees.

option to purchase case & welcome pack much cheaper if you wish at the end.

Regards

Martyn.

Only a mediocre person is always at their best

www.electrical contractors uk.com
 14 February 2013 06:08 PM

Approvedspark

Originally posted by: dickllewellyn

Martyn is the man to ask, he stayed for all three days. I couldn't get the time away from site, so I only did the first day. I'm confident that from there I got enough of a grasp to muddle through my first job, though I'd be tempted to put it in my own house as something to play with first. I felt confident to go that route, and would be installing by now if we weren't due to put the house on the market!

If I'd had the time to do the course, I'd be happy paying £40 to hire a case. Rather than buying one, I'd be inclined to buy their welcome kit wher you get much more gear to play with, but obviously less presentable to customers. My theory was to buy a bus and kit it out to be a mobile show home. I probably won't though!

Course booked, will give feedback in due course. Thanks again guys.

If you think you're too small to have an impact, try going to bed with a mosquito in the room.
 15 February 2013 10:17 AM

oshta

Originally posted by: ApprovedsparkCourse booked, will give feedback in due course. Thanks again guys.

Will be interested to hear how it goes.
IET » Wiring and the regulations » Smart homes

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.