Topic Title: Feeling the recession
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03 February 2013 07:17 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09 February 2013 07:45 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

frspikeyhead

FGA flue gas analyser. Sorry.
 09 February 2013 09:18 PM

sparkingchip

Saturday evenings aren't the best time to be stretching the brain.

Andy
 09 February 2013 09:53 PM

Martynduerden

Originally posted by: frspikeyhead

If a gas engineer suspects a situation that would be classified as ID (immediately dangerous) then with the permission of the owner they can cap off either the faulty appliance or if it is the pipework then the meter outlet. I thought I was the only one who carried a FGA on here?

I am glad the Permission of owner/occupier clause exists, I will not debate or argue with those who for whatever reason, do not want it disconnected. Most do not even question it when presented with an explained FGA printout.

I am glad the Gas emergency service exists, they as you know have the power to disconnect and did on this occasion.

The MAJOR difference from the dodgy electrical installation example is that is very unlikely to harm anyone who happens to be in the vicinity.

-------------------------
Regards

Martyn.

Only a mediocre person is always at their best

www.electrical contractors uk.com
 09 February 2013 10:04 PM

sparkingchip

I have resorted to telling the clients that if they don't agree to have a faulty gas appliance disconnected the gas board will dig a hole in the foot path outside their home and completely remove the gas supply to their home. That normally does the trick!

Andy
 09 February 2013 10:10 PM

Martynduerden

Originally posted by: sparkingchip

I have resorted to telling the clients that if they don't agree to have a faulty gas appliance disconnected the gas board will dig a hole in the foot path outside their home and completely remove the gas supply to their home. That normally does the trick!

Andy

And charge them 5K to restore it!

Regards

Martyn.

Only a mediocre person is always at their best

www.electrical contractors uk.com
 10 February 2013 01:45 AM

alancapon

Originally posted by: slittle
It would be interesting to know how the local DNO would react to such a situation Alan....

The electrician can switch off and issue a danger notice, but only the DNO can remove the cutout fuse to isolate the supply. The DNO must be able to satisfy themselves that the installation is in a state that ESQCR Regulation 26(3) applies, and have due regard to Regulation 26(4) which requires reconnection "as soon as is reasonably practicable after the grounds for disconnection have ceased to apply."

Regards,

Alan.
 10 February 2013 10:41 AM

tomgunn

Well I have been working for these Russian millionaires for the past 12 months plus. I did post on here about the garden pond that they have and that fact that there was a 240v supply to the pond pump with no RCD covering it plus the JBs were right next to the pond saturated in water - I have been taking down lots of down lighters and terminating the cables as they are so poorly fitted - on my last visit I had to go into the attic and I found a full 12 way 15 amp connector strip with tons of cables going in to it and then taped and left on the ceiling floor - I told them that it was somewhat dangerous but they dont care as long as the lights work! Also I was coerced, ( I really didnt want to do it ), into glueing some down lighters into place in their kitchen as what the 'electricians' who rewired it before they had bought their mansion did was to pretty much drill out the full thickness of the ceiling joists, both ends!!, so that they could fix the fireproof fittings into place as they couldnt be bothered to try and fix them equally between the joists! Now, if there was a place that needed some regs applying to it then newly rewired mansion should! AND, as I am a worrier I was very careful in what I altered - I left the garden wiring to someone else as the cables where just laying on the garden earth and no SWA had any glands whatsoever!!

Tom

Tom .... ( The TERMINATOR ).

handyTRADESMAN ... haha

Castle Builders

Why did Nick Clegg cross the road? Because he said he wouldn't!

I can resist anything..... except temptation! ( Karl Gunn ).
IET » Wiring and the regulations » Feeling the recession

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.