Increase font size
Topic Title: BS7671 (2011) + Guidance Notes
Topic Summary: Pending Updates?
Created On: 31 January 2013 09:50 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 31 January 2013 09:50 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

NGraham

Anyone know if there are updates/amendments to the current edition of the Wiring Regulation (2011) and associated Guidance Notes (in particular Special Locations) due for publication in the very near future?

Regards

Neil Graham.
 31 January 2013 09:59 AM

John Peckham

Amendment No. 2 is due out any day. I understand it will be published as a separate section 722 Electric Vehicle Charging Points which can be downloaded from the IET free. I assume a new BS7671 2008:2013 coloured yellow will also be published. No doubt GN7 will be updated at some date before the ink is dry on the current edition.

-------------------------
John Peckham

http://www.astutetechnicalservices.co.uk/
 31 January 2013 10:08 AM

NGraham

Thanks John

I need to procure copies (more than 2) for my employer.
I was hoping to do this immediately, the danger is they are out of date before they arrive in the post !!
Seeing as my employer is funding the purchase, they will undoubtedly tell me where to go when I return with my begging bowl a few weeks down the line stating my recent purchase is out of date and more sheckles are required for further updates.
Bit of a tricky one this, especially during times of austerity and reluctance to provide funding.

Regards

Neil Graham
 31 January 2013 10:47 AM

dbullard

Originally posted by: John Peckham

Amendment No. 2 is due out any day. I understand it will be published as a separate section 722 Electric Vehicle Charging Points which can be downloaded from the IET free. I assume a new BS7671 2008:2013 coloured yellow will also be published. No doubt GN7 will be updated at some date before the ink is dry on the current edition.

Thanks John, had heard rumors and beating jungle drums in the far southwest. I take it that the publication issued by the IET regarding the EV charging points will not suffice as I already have this, and are the IET going to issue a loose GN for this or a new set of regs ??? looking forward to finding out

Regards

Daren

..... Dont pee in my pocket and tell me its raining ......

www.quest-electrical-sw.co.uk
 31 January 2013 11:00 AM

John Peckham

Daren

I think it will be a new section (722) for BS7671 which I heard from a reliable source will be published as separate sheets so that you can insert these in to your Big Green Books. I assume the Big Green Book will then be replaced with the Big Yellow Book. GN7 has only recently been published so I don't think that will be updated for some time.

Neil;

I should hang fire if I were you with your employers cheque book for a couple of months.

John Peckham

31 January 2013 12:05 PM

John Peckham

Neil

I am reliably informed that a new BS7671 is some way off so you are safe to go ahead and buy a new Big Green Book.

John Peckham

31 January 2013 12:13 PM

rossall

There's information on this topic in this existing thread, where the IET has provided some information. It may be more useful to continue any discussion there.

Hope this helps.

Regards

David Rossall
The Institution of Engineering and Technology
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.