Increase font size
Topic Title: Programmable thermostat
Topic Summary: Y plan system
Created On: 28 January 2013 11:26 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 28 January 2013 11:26 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

GJH

Hi everyone

Question for you heating engineers!

Have been to a Job tonight where the customers central heating has been wired up incorrectly. It is coming on at weird times of the night and is not working correctly.

All of the cables are at the programmer but for some reason there is a cable connected to all 4 terms and live and neutral. I thought it looked strange as I thought terminal 2 was normally left free?

That's not much of a problem. The question is the customers want the stat moving into the hallway by the programmer. It is currently in a lounge area. Is there a way I can install a programmable thermostat to the y plan system? I have got one for my combi system, but don't know if you can use one for the y plan? It would be easier than fitting separate stat if I could.

Thanks in advance

GJH
 28 January 2013 11:50 PM

Martynduerden

No, a programable stat is only single channel, leave the system programmer in place and fit a standard wireless roomstat.

-------------------------
Regards

Martyn.

Only a mediocre person is always at their best

www.electrical contractors uk.com
 29 January 2013 06:16 AM

leckie

If you want a programmable thermostat because of the additional features it offers over a standard thermostat, i.e. different temperatures at different times of the day, then you can install one. You would have to set the heating side of the programmer to 24 hours.
 29 January 2013 08:09 AM

stateit

Originally posted by: GJH

All of the cables are at the programmer but for some reason there is a cable connected to all 4 terms and live and neutral. I thought it looked strange as I thought terminal 2 was normally left free?

The 3-way valve used in the Y-Plan needs a 'heating-off' signal, as well as a 'heating-on'.

-------------------------
S George
http://www.sg-electrical.com
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.