Increase font size
Topic Title: Br charges
Topic Summary:
Created On: 28 January 2013 05:16 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 28 January 2013 05:16 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Martynduerden

Is it now the case that the LA can make additional charges on full plans or building notice for the likes of electrical work and windows, if so what is the main fee for? It seemes they now make seperate charges for each part A-P.

-------------------------
Regards

Martyn.

Only a mediocre person is always at their best

www.electrical contractors uk.com
 28 January 2013 05:35 PM

OMS

Take a look at The Building (Local Authority Charges) Regulations 2010 (SI 2010/404).

This allows BCO's to recover the costs of every service they deliver. Most use standard fees, but they can (and often do) levy additional costs for aspects that incur them additional costs (particularly where there is a self certification route available via approved person schemes)

The specific BCO will give details

Regards

OMS

Failure is always an option
 28 January 2013 09:33 PM

Martynduerden

Originally posted by: OMS

Take a look at The Building (Local Authority Charges) Regulations 2010 (SI 2010/404).

This allows BCO's to recover the costs of every service they deliver. Most use standard fees, but they can (and often do) levy additional costs for aspects that incur them additional costs (particularly where there is a self certification route available via approved person schemes)

The specific BCO will give details

Regards

OMS

The question is, what is the original charge now for when they choose to charge for everything as an extra that was previously included! Such a scam they do and check nothing

Regards

Martyn.

28 January 2013 10:49 PM

daveparry1

That's why it's better to be in a scheme Martyn, just costs 3 quid a time then including the insurance backed warranty, plus the yearly fee of course but that' easily recouped after a few jobs!

Dave.
 28 January 2013 11:10 PM

Martynduerden

Originally posted by: daveparry1

That's why it's better to be in a scheme Martyn, just costs 3 quid a time then including the insurance backed warranty, plus the yearly fee of course but that' easily recouped after a few jobs!

Dave.

I'm a NAPIT & ECA member Dave, I am whinging at paying almost 1k to idiots to do jack sh1t for a building notice.

Regards

Martyn.

29 January 2013 09:52 AM

OMS

I am whinging at paying almost 1k to idiots to do jack sh1t for a building notice

Read that again Martyn - you need the building notice. How is it any different to you charging your customers for what they need from you ?

Regards

OMS

29 January 2013 12:02 PM

Martynduerden

Originally posted by: OMS

I am whinging at paying almost 1k to idiots to do jack sh1t for a building notice

Read that again Martyn - you need the building notice. How is it any different to you charging your customers for what they need from you ?

Regards

OMS

The difference is I do something for my customers, the DS, turn up for usually less than 5 minutes and disappear, I don't need it I am forced to have it - similar to organised crime...

Regards

Martyn.

29 January 2013 12:39 PM

OMS

I suspect the costs are for just a tad more than rocking up for 5 minutes, an examination of the full plans or bulding notice is included along with apprpriate responses - and you aren't forced to have it, it's a result of your desire to build or extend ?

You could always go to an independant building control professional if you can negotiate a better price ?

Are you going full plans or a building notice ? - the former is usually cheaper - but of course you have to prepare the full plans application pack

regards

OMS

Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.