IET logo

IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Some design Critique needed!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 24 January 2013 07:29 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 24 January 2013 07:29 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

earthing

Hello,

I would dearly like some feedback on my proposed solution for a new shed supply.

Its a PME supply, shed is timber framed installed less than a foot from the gable end wall and the run is 28m. Current fuse board has no RCD protection and the earthing and bonding are 10mm. The main fuse is a 60 amp 1361.

My proposed solution is to install a metal clad 32 amp isolator and run a 4mm two core armoured cable to the garage. The armourings will act as the downstream cpc. I was planning on feeding the 32 amp isolator via 16mm double insulated meter tails installed in pvc trunking.

In the shed itself, potentially in the future a water supply may be needed as the shed is being used to manage business affairs. I decided to install a TT system and insulate /terminate the incoming earth armourings.

I have not proposed to install rcd protection for the downstream armoured but have done so for the shed final circuits.

Any feedback much appreciated!!

Daniel
 24 January 2013 07:47 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

OMS

Originally posted by: earthing

Hello,

I would dearly like some feedback on my proposed solution for a new shed supply.

Its a PME supply, shed is timber framed installed less than a foot from the gable end wall and the run is 28m. Current fuse board has no RCD protection and the earthing and bonding are 10mm. The main fuse is a 60 amp 1361.

OK

My proposed solution is to install a metal clad 32 amp isolator and run a 4mm two core armoured cable to the garage. The armourings will act as the downstream cpc. I was planning on feeding the 32 amp isolator via 16mm double insulated meter tails installed in pvc trunking.

Overcurrent protection and earth/fault short circuit protection on the SWA.?

16mm2 is a bit mental for a 32A supply with 4.0mm2 conductors

In the shed itself, potentially in the future a water supply may be needed as the shed is being used to manage business affairs. I decided to install a TT system and insulate /terminate the incoming earth armourings.

OK - where does the water supply come from and will it be metallic ?

I have not proposed to install rcd protection for the downstream armoured but have done so for the shed final circuits.

OK - no real problem with that - ensure you keep good seperation between the armouring and the shed earth marshalling terminal

Any feedback much appreciated!!

See above

Daniel

Regards

OMS

-------------------------
Failure is always an option
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.