Increase font size
Topic Title: Part P test
Topic Summary:
Created On: 24 January 2013 01:41 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 24 January 2013 01:41 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

leckie

Hi all

Can I notify a job for part p if I have only tested the work? I've inspected at different stages of the work but the work was carried out by a friend. I was going to sign the test. Section of a EIC but he wants to get a part p compliance cert.
 24 January 2013 02:27 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

AJJewsbury

I suspect the correct answer is no. Check with your scheme operator by all means, but AD P seems to suggest that the actual installation work has to be done by a member of a scheme to avoid pre-notification.

It might be worth the householder having a word with their LABC - they have been known to be reasonable and accept reasonable efforts even if they don't comply with the letter of the regs. They also tend to be more forgiving of those that volunteer before they get caught.

That said, come April, the rules might be different.

- Andy.
 24 January 2013 02:29 PM

John Peckham

No none of the clubs allow their competent persons to notify other people's work as up to now 3rd party testing was not allowed. There is now provision for 3rd party testing the new Part P AD however the details of the requirements for these persons have not been published yet.

-------------------------
John Peckham

http://www.astutetechnicalservices.co.uk/
 24 January 2013 02:42 PM

leckie

Thanks for your replies, it's about what I thought, cheers.
 29 January 2013 07:32 PM

mark2spark

Originally posted by: John Peckham

...the new Part P AD...

I've just had a search on the Gov't Communities www and can't find that, is there a link to that please John?

I am prone to talking complete bol***ks at times, please accept my apologies in advance.
 29 January 2013 07:40 PM

daveparry1

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/8386/2063566.pdf

Try this Mark.
 29 January 2013 08:30 PM

mark2spark

Thanks Dave, i found it in the end.

http://www.planningportal.gov....F_AD_P_2013.pdf

I've not read it all yet, but it appears that there will be a new category in the P bodies to issue, that is one of a competent 3rd party certifier.
I doubt that it will cost any more to have this extra feather in your cap

I am prone to talking complete bol***ks at times, please accept my apologies in advance.
 30 January 2013 02:39 PM

Parsley

The way way I read the new 2013 AD P is that a registered 3rd party certifier can be used to I&T's the work and if it is satisfactory issue an EICR. The 3rd party certifier's regulation body then issues the building regs compliance cert to the occupier and the building control body.

I don't think you can just be an ECS gold card holder and not a club member to be a 3rd party certifier, but I may have misunderstood JCM's post.

Doesn't the installer still have a responsibility to issue an EIC
for the design, construction element of the work under BS7671?

Regards
 30 January 2013 09:01 PM

jcm256

Parsley writes
The way way I read the new 2013 AD P is that a registered 3rd party certifier can be used to I&T's the work and if it is satisfactory issue an EICR. The 3rd party certifier's regulation body then issues the building regs compliance cert to the occupier and the building control body.
Parsley, what you are suggesting that a competent person registered with a Part P competent person scheme can only carry out third party inspection.
You mean the Government and UKAS approved schemes; that can take an annual fee from those who join a scheme and now will charge a fee from those who do not. That is against the law creating a monopoly. No Government at their peril would ever approve such a scheme.

(By the way, Parsley, congrats on becoming registered professional engineer with Engineering Council.)
Regards
jcm
 30 January 2013 10:55 PM

Parsley

Thanks jcm

That's how I interpret 3.5 to 3.7 of the 2013 version.

The 3rd party certifiers registration body issues the building regs compliance certificate to the occupier and a copy to the building control body within 30 days off receiving a satisfactory EICR from the 3rd party certify.

I think I need 3.4 explained further.
I understand installers who are Self cert registered are able to notify their own work. It goes on to say they or their registration body must issue a building regs compliance cert to the occupier and the building control body within 30 days of completing the work. Can an individual with an ECS gold card now issue a BRCC?

I also think but maybe I have got it wrong, that to be a new QS for one of the reg bodies you're going to need a NVQ level 3/or be a ECS gold card holder.

Regards

Sorry if I'm not making sense.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.