Increase font size
Topic Title: Ring Final
Topic Summary: End to end resistance question
Created On: 24 January 2013 08:17 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 24 January 2013 08:17 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

esspeegee

Hi all,
I am working my way through a list of remedial work required by an EICR report. This is in a fairly new detached house.
The ring final L and N end to end values are both 0.41ohms but the cpc is 2.3 ohms.
The report requires 'further investigation'. I am only able to determine the general area where resistance is high and its under solid wood flooring upon which is fitted furniture. The problem might be a loose connection in socket that has been hidden by fitted robes or in an inaccessible JB. Or maybe a crushed cpc.

Resolving the ring is not going to be straight forward but I wondered how serious it is as an issue. Should I just note my findings or convert the ring into two radials and remove the problem part of the circuit?

Thanks
 24 January 2013 08:50 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

daveparry1

Yes it does sound like there's a loose cpc connection somewhere, the e-e resistance is about three times what you'd expect! If the circuit is rcd protected I don't think i'd be too concerned. If it were a L or N with that sort of problem it would be more worrying of course,

Dave.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.