Increase font size
Topic Title: Risk Assessment
Topic Summary:
Created On: 22 January 2013 09:33 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 22 January 2013 09:33 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

misterben

Hi All,

I think I need to produce a risk assessment, although am a bit unsure whether its necessary? The reason I feel I need to do it, is because I have worked on some sites with less than satisfactory health and safety procedures where some accidents have occured.
I want to make sure I cover myself in these types of environments.
Is there a specific Risk Assessment form anyone can recommend for a sole trader such as myself,or are they all lots of box ticking and paperwork?

regards
Misterben
 22 January 2013 09:43 AM

daveparry1

I think there was a generic one on the niceic site, otherwise Google "risk assessment", there's bound to be one there somewhere,

Dave.
 22 January 2013 10:10 AM

24Hour

a very nice chap on here sent me a some others a whole load of health and safety and risk assesment files, policy, etc etc, very good as well.
if you want a copy messag me with your emial and i will send to you,
andy

-------------------------
Yes i do do 24/7 everyday of the FLAMIN year.
 22 January 2013 11:49 AM

vesuvius

As the guys have previously said a risk assessment is an assessment of risk made by yourself for your safety and others around you.

As such im not aware of any specific risk assessment formats that must be followed, unless your site has a H&S policy that states this. There are loads you can get off the net

For my own personnal risk assessments I include the following information.

Activity, Hazard, who might be harmed, what are you already doing to prevent this, any further action necessary, actioned by whom, date of action.

There are of course lots of other headers you could add if needed. but if your happy your including enough to control the risk then you should be fine.
 22 January 2013 04:52 PM

PADAVIES

The IET produces a free briefing document on risk assessment which can be found at http://www.theiet.org/factfiles/health/hsb05b-page.cfm
It includes links to relevant HSE guidance. There are other briefing on various related topics starting at http://www.theiet.org/factfiles/health/index.cfm
Regards,
Paul

-------------------------
Paul Davies
Manager, Policy Dept.
Institution of Engineering and Technology.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.