Increase font size
Topic Title: "DADO" Trunking - Measures against Electromagnetic Disturbances
Topic Summary: Advice
Created On: 21 January 2013 06:53 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 21 January 2013 06:53 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

joebenny87

Evening,

Was wondering if any of you could be good enough to offer some insight/advice to the following:

Currently doing strip out work of dado trunking in offices, in a well known building, probably designed to BS 7671 2008.

As you all aware, jobs can be political and as a result of this, there is no official design, now rather "design and build". (and hope it works!)

The layout of the building is to be altered, and at some point dado trunking will be required to be installed in the new offices, obviously containing the cabling for socket outlets and "cat 5" cabling for ICT outlets (for internet/phone connections)

Wiring for 13A Twin socket outlets will be standard PVC cabling to BS 6004.

Upon reading A444.4 and table A444.2 of BS 7671 2008:2011, i am correct to say standard the PVC segregated DADO is non-compliant and the containment will need a full solid metallic shield/screen?

Also section 543.7 to be considered.

Regards
 21 January 2013 07:11 PM

OMS

What type of cat 5 are you using - STP or UTP. If you have sheilding on the data and none on the power then usually 50mm will suffice as sensible"separation".

If you are using RFC's than what is your worry about high protective conductor currents ?

now rather "design and build". (and hope it works!)

LoL - build and then design do you mean

Regards

OMS

-------------------------
Failure is always an option
 21 January 2013 07:22 PM

joebenny87

Thanks OMS, I will check tomorrow to confirm about the cabling. Do you personally specify shielding on the data to solve this issue and use the standard PVC DADO trunking? Is there any reg back up for "sensible separation"

For final circuits, not 100% sure yet about circuit design - also got to consider connection of equipment.

I just want to achieve a correct design and installation.

LoL - build and then design do you mean - Lol yeah something like that haha

Regards
 21 January 2013 07:41 PM

OMS

Originally posted by: joebenny87

Thanks OMS, I will check tomorrow to confirm about the cabling. Do you personally specify shielding on the data to solve this issue and use the standard PVC DADO trunking? Is there any reg back up for "sensible separation"

Generally I would tend towards metallic dado trunking, or PVC with a metallic insert - where you could have zero seperation or 2mm seperation depending on the divider being steel or aluminium

I think those values are from BS EN 50310. In general, we tend towards STP but is more because of our client type

For final circuits, not 100% sure yet about circuit design - also got to consider connection of equipment.

OK - I was assuming desktop PC's. If you have "server" type stuff then I wouldn't use 13A sockets

I just want to achieve a correct design and installation.

Nothing wrong with that

LoL - build and then design do you mean - Lol yeah something like that haha

Regards

OMS

-------------------------
Failure is always an option
 07 February 2013 06:16 PM

joebenny87

No shielding on the cat 5e.

Hopefully metallic screen within PVC dado will be acceptable!
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.