Topic Title: Why us sparkies are fools
Topic Summary:
Created On: 19 January 2013 12:33 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 20 January 2013 06:25 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

OMS

Sorry I've just glued my fingers together and closed my eyes

LoL - OK then, what you get up to in the security and privacy of your own home is up to you Martyn -

Regards

OMS

-------------------------
Failure is always an option
 20 January 2013 10:15 PM

sparkingchip

Back to the original post:

"The plumber charged her £1600.00 it took 4 hours"

My NAPIT insurance policy states I am a 5% plumber, so 5% of a forty hour week is two hours, therefore for two hours a week I should earn £800 according to you reckoning!

So if we start at eight o'clock in the morning we'll have £800 banked by ten o'clock, that leaves the rest of the week to put some cream on it

Andy
 20 January 2013 10:31 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

daveparry1

Sounds like a good plan Andy, maybe we should start looking into that!

Dave.
 21 January 2013 02:06 PM

rogersmith7671

The regulations covering the "gas Industry" for the particular section under discussion (domestic heating) are quite clear; all appliances shall be installed in accordance with manufacturers instructions. in the "old corgi days this meant you would find in those instructions things like;
"It is a statutory requirement that all gas appliances are installed by competent persons,(ie corgi registered installers). or nowadays
"this appliance must be installed and serviced by a competent person in accordance with The Gas Safety(installation & Use) regulations (as amended).
The lockout is quite clear, in that the regulations specifically referred to by statute require adherence to the manufacturer instructions which in turn require competent persons as specified by those regulations.

There are some who take exception to this situation, they believe that they are competent by virtue of their own self inflated opinion. Completely ignoring, that competency in this case simply means having passed certain tests and exercises, required for that class of persons. For these it seems to be a matter of class, intelligence and all of the associated connotations. They simply won't take no, for an answer.
They get very upset when certification for their work is rightly refused by those sensible enough to get registered.
Some would have you believe that, Gasafe registration is not rocket science and it is the sole province of money grabbing, dim-witted monkeys. This sour approach to others is particularly upsetting when viewed against those whose very lives are put at risk daily by anonymous, no name no pack drill, no signature, not me guv, cheap skate contractors.

Regards.
 21 January 2013 04:00 PM

Martynduerden

Originally posted by: rogersmith7671

The regulations covering the "gas Industry" for the particular section under discussion (domestic heating) are quite clear; all appliances shall be installed in accordance with manufacturers instructions. in the "old corgi days this meant you would find in those instructions things like;

"It is a statutory requirement that all gas appliances are installed by competent persons,(ie corgi registered installers). or nowadays

"this appliance must be installed and serviced by a competent person in accordance with The Gas Safety(installation & Use) regulations (as amended).

The lockout is quite clear, in that the regulations specifically referred to by statute require adherence to the manufacturer instructions which in turn require competent persons as specified by those regulations.

There are some who take exception to this situation, they believe that they are competent by virtue of their own self inflated opinion. Completely ignoring, that competency in this case simply means having passed certain tests and exercises, required for that class of persons. For these it seems to be a matter of class, intelligence and all of the associated connotations. They simply won't take no, for an answer.

They get very upset when certification for their work is rightly refused by those sensible enough to get registered.

Some would have you believe that, Gasafe registration is not rocket science and it is the sole province of money grabbing, dim-witted monkeys. This sour approach to others is particularly upsetting when viewed against those whose very lives are put at risk daily by anonymous, no name no pack drill, no signature, not me guv, cheap skate contractors.

Regards.

Obviously I couldn't have put it better myself.

Regards

Martyn.

Only a mediocre person is always at their best

www.electrical contractors uk.com
 21 January 2013 04:29 PM

zeeper

My Hair dresser charges £10 to cut my hair.

It only takes her about 8mins to chop her way through it.

Forget plumbing , Im reaching for the scissors.
 21 January 2013 06:21 PM

OMS

Mmmm - we are still talking about domestic gas fitting here guys, aren't we ?

Undertaken by gas fitters with basic craft skills and relevant examinations by a registration body

Working to fairly simplistic test criteria in terms of pressure loss etc

Regards

OMS

Failure is always an option
IET » Wiring and the regulations » Why us sparkies are fools

<< 1 2 3 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.