Increase font size
Topic Title: 12 way fully loaded CPN Con Unit £46 quid...took it back
Topic Summary:
Created On: 14 January 2013 06:39 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 14 January 2013 06:39 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

antric2

Evening all,
CPN, usually for the domextic market, are a good unit with solid bar phase and neutral connections and main isolator switch that felt like it was doing the job.
So, when told of the £46 plus vat offer for 12 way fully loaded,I went out and quoted and got a few jobs to do.
Opened 1st one today and what a drop in quality. It looks like they are having them made by someone else.The quality of the internal wiring cable is scandalous and the main isolator feels like it wont last 5 mins so just does not instill any kind of confidence in the unit
I took it back and stuck to my usual Wylex and will just stand the loss in profit for the job.
Will I ever learn!!!!
Regards
Antric
 14 January 2013 07:11 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

alanblaby

I've just fitted a Wilts CU with 8 RCBOs today. [1]
£120 inc. vat. Excellent. Load of room inside - they are higher than typical CU's.
I'll be quoting for these every time now - though it isnt much different , I always quote for a 2 RCD CU, or RCBO unit, and of the 10 or so I did last year, only one person wanted the £60 cheaper CU.
Clearly 12 way would be a little more expensive, but worth it I think.

[1] The first time for a very long time in an old house where the RFC r1/2/n readings were just about right - usually there is a loose connection on the old install somewhere when I do a CU change, making my testing take an hour longer.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.