Increase font size
Topic Title: Split Concentric Supply Cable TN-S
Topic Summary: Caravan Pitches
Created On: 11 January 2013 08:05 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11 January 2013 08:05 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

andyedtec

Thanks for reading this.

I have to supply some Caravan pitches.

The service head is new , the MET block is separate and is supplied from a split con cable. ( Insulated Red then stranded cores that are split half being black and half bare.

It's fair to says this is a TN-S

Would one be happy with this feeding a caravan site?

I'm just concerned if the supply cable got damaged i.e N-E fault then effectively would become a tnc-s which would be dangerous for a caravan site.

Maybe I'm being over cautious?

If it where a tnc-s supply that would be fine but I don't want to create a TT system for the Pitches if I don't have too.

Any thoughts on this, I hope you can see where I'm coming from.

Andy
 11 January 2013 08:32 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Parsley

I would TT the pitches.

How do you know it's not connected to a PME network or could be altered to PME upstream in the future.

Regards

Edited: 11 January 2013 at 08:42 AM by Parsley
 11 January 2013 11:06 AM

AJJewsbury

Probably worth asking the supplier. It would seem a waste to TT everything if the supplier has gone to some effort to provide a proper guaranteed TN-S supply - you just need to establish whether they have or not.

How do you know it's not connected to a PME network or could be altered to PME upstream in the future.

It could be argued that as it's against the law for the distributor (rather than the customer) to connect his CNE to a caravan (9(4) of the ESQC regs), it's their lookout if they do.

- Andy.
 11 January 2013 11:26 AM

Parsley

Originally posted by: AJJewsbury

Probably worth asking the supplier. It would seem a waste to TT everything if the supplier has gone to some effort to provide a proper guaranteed TN-S supply - you just need to establish whether they have or not.

It could be argued that as it's against the law for the distributor (rather than the customer) to connect his CNE to a caravan (9(4) of the ESQC regs), it's their lookout if they do.

- Andy.

Very true Andy and I guess the installation could be connected to it's own transformer.

The latest DNO earthing manuals states that all TN-S supplies should be treated as being PME even if the supply to the installation is SN-E.

Regards
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.