Increase font size
Topic Title: car as workhorse
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02 January 2013 01:42 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02 January 2013 01:42 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

wylexman

i was wondering if using your car sign written for work looks very professional as you turn up to clients, i only ask this as i cant afford to run a car and van.
just seeing what you guys think.
 02 January 2013 01:54 PM

peteTLM

i think it looks smart, no probs. The wear and tear on a car(internal trim/ edge of paintwork on rear doors, boot opening) is massive though if your using it for house bashing and the like rather than just turning up and 'adjusting' something.

-------------------------
----------------------------------------
Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine....

Every man has to know his limitations- Dirty Harry
 02 January 2013 02:24 PM

Grumpy

I can confirm Pete's assertion about wear and tear, my poor old car still bears the scars! However, it's back to said car tomorrow as the van tax, insurance and MOT all ran out at the end of last month and today the van broke down on the way to the testing centre. Happy new year my arris!!
 02 January 2013 02:41 PM

Dave69

just make sure the car insurance covers you for business use and that you tell them it will be sign written, many insurers don't like the fact you are advertising that your car can contains valuable items, tools etc.

I know from my own experience that insurance companies will find any excuse not to pay out. My van was smashed up by an HGV at the start of October last year and I am still no further forward on having my claim settled
 02 January 2013 04:28 PM

tomgunn

I had vans for 30 years and I am sick to the back teeth driving them - so for the last 10 years I have been using cars - built some large conservatories using them - I have had my Jaguar 2.5 V6 estate car, on an '05' plate so it smart looking, for 4 years this Xmas and I can get most ladders inside and as its 4 wheel drive its safe in the snow too - its comfy but I feel that if you're contracting it would be better to have a sign written van.

Tom

-------------------------
Tom .... ( The TERMINATOR ).

handyTRADESMAN ... haha

Castle Builders

Why did Nick Clegg cross the road? Because he said he wouldn't!

I can resist anything..... except temptation! ( Karl Gunn ).
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.