Increase font size
Topic Title: New year new job
Topic Summary:
Created On: 30 December 2012 02:25 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 30 December 2012 02:25 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

DOUGIE1000

Sitting trailing through internet looking at sparky jobs, we plenty of work, plenty of good clients, plenty of outstanding invoices and non payment for works.....

-------------------------
Dougie
Power Plus Electrical.co.uk

My mission is to live as long as possible......so far so good!
 30 December 2012 07:18 AM

Fm

So are you packing in the self employed job to go back to scottish gas?
 30 December 2012 05:34 PM

DOUGIE1000

Originally posted by: Fm

So are you packing in the self employed job to go back to scottish gas?

Haha no chance, never!!

2013 be a good year for us, were launching another division of our company, were moving into bigger and better premises in january, we have a fairly new customer that is very promising and we have some good guys working with us at the moment.

However faults I'm ditching in 2013 :

-Small price increase in labour costs to our clients.

-To shorten our time from job completed - invoice arriving with clients within 5 working days.

-To set allocated appointment weekly in my diary to assess company performance and give me time to do small tasks like customer follow up calls/chase suppliers/subbies etc.

- with our new premises combine all our stock scattered across jam packed vans, garages, my house (including every room of my house) and organize and sort it out to lower monthly wholesalers invoices when we have stock that is hurried and forgotten about or in another van miles away from where its needed.

- now company policy any works over £1000 a deposit and signed contract before works commence.

- stop letting customers telling me how it is going to be or when they are going to pay.

- to answer all phone calls and stop voicemail picking up all unknown or withheld calls.

-------------------------
Dougie
Power Plus Electrical.co.uk

My mission is to live as long as possible......so far so good!
 30 December 2012 09:31 PM

slittle

Dougie,

Sounds like a plan, glad to hear it's going well.

It's a new start for us in January too, lots of new ideas and processes which I hope will work to let us work smarter (many the same as yours)

New company as we've been told it's time to change from a partnership.

Several new large farming customers on the radar that I visited just before the holidays.

And more time concentrating on the things I'm good at and let others do the rest of it.

Fingers crossed it works for all of us, and for the lads and lasses on here that have been struggling this year, let's hope 2013 brings them a better year.

Stu
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.