Increase font size
Topic Title: Trying to gain space!
Topic Summary: Catalogues and other
Created On: 29 December 2012 07:02 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 29 December 2012 07:02 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

normcall

Just come across a folder in the filing cabinet where I obviously put a lot of old electricity board material.
Apparently the new 15th edition was mainly for designers rather than for electricians and several little booklets giving guidance to inspectors (where I came in) regarding allowing contractors time to get used to the new system of earthing requirements etc.
This lot is from around 2000/2005 (earlier stuff went in the summer) and not a lot has really changed even prices!
A lot of the smaller companies selling low volume products (gate/underfloor heating/lighting) have disappeared. One I found changed names 3 times from the same address before finally going under in April 2012.
I really should be better organised, but It's taking a long time trying to decide what to bin and what to keep.

I think the NICEIC folder is coming up, anyone interested in some of the little booklets 'snags and solutions' - all from the 1970s so not current.
I wonder what else awaits me over the next week or so?

-------------------------
Norman
 29 December 2012 01:13 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Legh

If you are clearing out earlier editions of the regs, C1920s - 1960s......

Legh

-------------------------
Why do we need Vernier Calipers when we have container ships?

http://www.leghrichardson.co.uk

"Science has overcome time and space. Well, Harvey has overcome not only time and space - but any objections."
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.