Increase font size
Topic Title: CHAS Registered
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04 December 2012 10:49 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04 December 2012 10:49 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

chunk522

Im thinking of becoming chas registered as I belive it would be good for business, Just wondered if any of you had gone through the registration process and what was needed etc
It's a bit off putting as it seems you need all sorts of documentation and training which would then become costly, then other people I speak to seem to say its a breeze and not costly at all,
Any input would be great

Cheers
 04 December 2012 10:51 PM

DOUGIE1000

im was sitting today and again tomorrow the SSSTS and CHAS has been spoke about a lot if that helps.

-------------------------
Dougie
Power Plus Electrical.co.uk

My mission is to live as long as possible......so far so good!
 04 December 2012 10:54 PM

peteTLM

If i was going to, id register with construction line as ive heard its good for business. I think chas has a link sideways as the health and safety part of construction line, but im not sure.

Never heard chas recommended, construction line lots.

Shouldnt that read 'pain is temporary, until you have an illegal blood transfusion' ?????

-------------------------
----------------------------------------
Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine....

Every man has to know his limitations- Dirty Harry
 05 December 2012 12:49 PM

Parsley

We have just renewed our CHAS and according to my H&S colleagues there was a lot of hoop jumping, apparently it's getting harder each year to meet the requirements. I believe several clients are asking for it just to get on the tender list.

Regards
 05 December 2012 01:06 PM

Cremeegg

CHAS and ConstructionLine were in direct competition but CHAS have now reached some form of agreement and I believe each do their own thing.

Plenty of hoops to jump through but it's mainly paperwork, most of which you should have in place anyway. As to whether it brings any more work I doubt it. Many people are requiring CHAS membership as a pre-condition to tender. It saves them doing the work in running you through an H&S audit which they probably don't have the competence to perform themselves.

Yet another lump of paperwork that is exactly the sort of item that drains the life out of you and makes me so very glad to be at the smaller end of life these days.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.