Increase font size
Topic Title: 2391
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01 December 2012 06:05 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01 December 2012 06:05 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Westonelectrical

I've got my 2391 coming up has anyone taken it, if so how did you find it, I'm not botherd about practical just the theory?
 01 December 2012 06:19 PM

daveparry1

You might find it a bit tight on time but other than that no real problems,

Dave.
 01 December 2012 06:21 PM

OMS

Get a copy of the relevant version of Guidance note 3 - read it until you are sick of it and then read it a bit more

Good luck

OMS

-------------------------
Failure is always an option
 01 December 2012 08:24 PM

Westonelectrical

Good idea Oms.. Luckily when I started my apprenticeship I did a full year testing so still fresh from that
 02 December 2012 05:22 AM

MrP

As others have quite rightly stated it's based on Guidance note 3 plus chapter 6 of the regs a lot forget that bit
Read it and read it again. All the answers are tucked away in the book its finding and remembering
A good way is to read and then analyze what each page is acutely saying highlighting the relevant points
Good luck buddy
Ps I wouldn't think that the practical is a walk in the park it's against the clock even the best struggle to complete in the time so make sure your up to speed with your crippering
MrP A tadge cold here this morning
 02 December 2012 06:11 PM

L4V15

Get hold of some past papers with answers and keep doing the tests then checking your answers against the actually answers. You'll get the nack of it and pass. You only need around 62% of the full marks to pass. If you know how to test properly etc it's pretty easy, just a little tight for time so you need to rush a little bit.
 02 December 2012 07:53 PM

prophet

The IEE book 'exam success' helped alot.
 02 December 2012 10:37 PM

Grandfortune

thought last one was Nov.?,, when does it stop??
 03 December 2012 08:56 AM

geov

Originally posted by: Grandfortune

thought last one was Nov.?,, when does it stop??

Last exam March 2013.
 03 December 2012 10:29 AM

vesuvius

You must be one of the last guys doing 2391. Lets hope C&G throw in a nice paper for their last rounds 'cough'

Anyway lots of good advice so far. For the actual test make up it will be split into two sections. The first section is 20 questions; I would like them to quick fire questions with marks available between 1-3 for each question. As stated by others if you read over GN3 well before the exam you should be ok for this section.

In the second section you will be given a scenario, This is where the big points are. There will be 6 questions in this section each of these 6 questions is worth 10% of the overall marks so if you run out of time and miss one out it could be very costly!

I always advise you read through it 3 times and underline anything you might see ass important, voltage, earthing system that sort of stuff, makes it a lot easier to refer back to the scenario for information when your answering your questions. Other than that the best advice is to really REALLY read over the questions thoroughly sometimes you can find tiny clues as to which answers they are looking for.

Be clear and precise when answering your questions, I would advise bullet points for describing tests and such, don't start to waffle remember there is an actual person marking this test not a computer, if you start going off about jobs you've done an readings you've got he might switch off a bit.

You must be doing the exam this Wednesday, just keep a clear head and don't let your mind go blank like mine did when I sat the paper Best of luck
 03 December 2012 10:24 PM

B67BU

Originally posted by: MrP

As others have quite rightly stated it's based on Guidance note 3 plus chapter 6 of the regs a lot forget that bit

Read it and read it again. All the answers are tucked away in the book its finding and remembering

A good way is to read and then analyze what each page is acutely saying highlighting the relevant points

Good luck buddy

Ps I wouldn't think that the practical is a walk in the park it's against the clock even the best struggle to complete in the time so make sure your up to speed with your crippering

Spot on Mr P
It only seems like yesterday that you and Doc Lynch were parked next to us at NICEIC HQ when was that 2005?

Why don't you rock down to Electric Avenue (Birmingham B6 7BU) And then we'll take you higher.

B67BU@ElectricalTraining.co.uk

04 December 2012 07:32 PM

MrP

Originally posted by: B67BU

Originally posted by: MrP

Good luck buddy

Spot on Mr P

It only seems like yesterday that you and Doc Lynch were parked next to us at NICEIC HQ when was that 2005?

I think it was 2005, it was good times
Great to see your still in business in difficult times and well done and thriving
As you well know JM went a little Pete Tong and I now find myself in Saudi having to work for a living but such is life
I'm home for Christmas and can't wait to get out of this sh#te hole

If there is ever a requirement to sit my wiring regs I know who to come and see

Take care buddy

MrP
The sun glasses are apt but actually stay out of the sun where ever possible
It's difficult to know who is who on this site
 04 December 2012 07:42 PM

OMS

and I now find myself in Saudi having to work for a living but such is life

Jeddah - KAIA?

OMS

05 December 2012 05:22 AM

MrP

OMS
Unfortunately not on Jeddah airport I'm on ITCC project Riyadh

http://www.marksbarfield.com/project.php?projectid=49

The construction works is approaching two years behind program. Lots of claim and counter claims being bandied about, who would be a contractor here
Hanmi Parsons have been awarded phase two of the project which will run for at least 2016/17 so there is continuity of work (they will need people once Ph2 starts) if you can stick Saudi the money is good with nothing to spend it on (I jump on a plane every two weeks, I'm flying out to Muscat tonight)
Just as a note the Finance district Riyadh which is a monster of a project adjacent to ITCC also approaching two years delay the tower cranes have not moved for two days I suspect someone has not been paid

MrP
If you're in Riyadh or passing through and need a bed for the night I'm your man SID available Wed and Mon night
 05 December 2012 10:41 AM

OMS

OMS
Unfortunately not on Jeddah airport I'm on ITCC project Riyadh

OK - it's not going well then -

That said, DAR and Saudi Binladen are putting everyone under the hammer at KAIA as well

I'm fighting not to go, but I may well be out in the new year - a non alchoholic sherbert would go down OK one evening

Happy days

OMS

IET » Wiring and the regulations » 2391

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.