Increase font size
Topic Title: Need advice please heating system
Topic Summary:
Created On: 29 November 2012 11:35 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 29 November 2012 11:35 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

goldenboy1818

Hi all was really after a bit of advice. I have been asked to wire a couple of bits into a heating system at a pub. It's something I haven't done before and was unsure. Apparently I need to wire in a zone valve which is fine. But also this pub has 4 zones and he wants them all controlled off 1 thermostat and into a horstman programmer. Has anyone done this before ? Not sure how to wire it especially 4 zones to 1 stat ? Thankyou
 29 November 2012 11:42 AM

leckie

Well I would think that would then make it 1 zone.
 29 November 2012 03:05 PM

GB

After the conrol of the boiler and circlation pumps generally by a programmer / timer >
Each zone valve will allow heating to a particular area by being either open or closed, how these are controlled is over to the clients requirements, but generally in a pub this wold be four independent area stats but in theory could be by timer or pir etc.
I think the client needs to clarify why he needs four zones and how he is going to operate each area. your heating engineer may need to add a little input as well so you dont have all zones closed and no bi-pass for the pumped water!!
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.