Increase font size
Topic Title: lighting design
Topic Summary: cources available?
Created On: 27 November 2012 05:38 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 27 November 2012 05:38 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

ryespark

Hi guys,

does anyone know of any cources available for domestic lighting design?
an interior design I do work for has asked me.

Ryan

-------------------------
Ryan Andrews

http://www.electrician-hampton.co.uk/
 27 November 2012 05:55 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

OMS

Well if you want lighting design based on the physics, the Lighting Industry Federation certificate or advanced certificate courses (3 modules or whatever you feel is applicable)

Alternatively is the Lighting education trust delivered via South bank as distance learning.

For something a little more artistic and less numbers based then any of the university modules for technical theatre courses would be good - check out the Association of lighting Designers.

In any event invest in a book like "Lighting" by DC Pritchard (I think it's currently 6th Edition).

Also get a copy of Relux - it's free, easy to get results out of and does give you credible results that are numerically based but has a simple rendering package so you can get a feel for how light "flows" in a space.

Domestic lighting design may also drive you down the route of specific manufacturers (principally thier control systems) - so a passing knowledge of the capability of KNX, DALI etc is useful - as is a reasonable understanding of the lamp technology

Fill your boots - lighting is always a balance between art and science - if you have some science and a reasonable eye, then away you go.

Regards

OMS

-------------------------
Failure is always an option
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.