Increase font size
Topic Title: pat test cost
Topic Summary: how to charge
Created On: 16 November 2012 07:58 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 16 November 2012 07:58 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

fergyt20

I would be interested to know how others charge for pat work.

per plug + hourly rate,fixed rate,etc.
 16 November 2012 08:21 AM

perspicacious

"per plug + hourly rate,fixed rate,etc."

Don't forget to include "non-plug" equipment

Regards

BOD
 16 November 2012 09:41 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Legh

I would be interested to know how others charge for pat work.

per plug + hourly rate,fixed rate,etc.

I have been told, I'm expensive at £5.00 per item and that might explain why I don't get much PAT work......

There is , of course, three phase equipment. But no problems, It won't plug into our PATer so we'll not do our normal 10% sample at 60p for a quick look and a label........

Legh

-------------------------
Why do we need Vernier Calipers when we have container ships?

http://www.leghrichardson.co.uk

"Science has overcome time and space. Well, Harvey has overcome not only time and space - but any objections."
 16 November 2012 12:16 PM

Delbot321

At present most charge from around £1 upwards depending on the client and the number of tests for run of the mill stuff, but for 3phase stuff then significantly more. Most companies also have a minimum order/attendance of around half a days work.

If you are a fully qualified electrician then you probably best stick to propper electrical installation work as most PAT testers have only done a week at college and a weeks supervision on site - they are not electricians and therefore not paid that kind of salary - they are in a different market to you as an electrician.

Hope this helps.
 16 November 2012 02:05 PM

Pacific

Originally posted by: Delbot321

At present most charge from around £1 upwards depending on the client and the number of tests for run of the mill stuff, but for 3phase stuff then significantly more. Most companies also have a minimum order/attendance of around half a days work.

If you are a fully qualified electrician then you probably best stick to propper electrical installation work as most PAT testers have only done a week at college and a weeks supervision on site - they are not electricians and therefore not paid that kind of salary - they are in a different market to you as an electrician.

Hope this helps.

I do whatever pays the bills, if a regular customer wants his gear testing I am not going to let someone else in

16 November 2012 05:05 PM

BigRed

well, the companies who pay their lads 30 p an item tested charge 70p an item, and the highly detailed database that we were supposed to get went west with the horse they rode off on. suppose thats what happens when you ignore the fact you have a qualified electrical person and give the ordering side to a chemist.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.