Increase font size
Topic Title: PV on RCD's split load, what to do
Topic Summary:
Created On: 13 November 2012 08:37 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 13 November 2012 08:37 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Grandfortune

Hi all,

im now coming across more and more property's im working in with PV connected to the consumer units on split load side of the boards, just wondering what to do about it, give a warning or danger cert, just tell the customer, contact the installer?.

basically when i ever go into a property i usually do my work and go, dont usually comment on other peoples work and its a small town round here so dont like to get into a technical row with an installers an.or other sparks.

its just that its becoming more common.

thanks grand
 13 November 2012 09:10 AM

AJJewsbury

Certainly not ideal, but as long as the RCD is only providing additional protection (as distinct from ADS) and disconnects all live poles, I don't think it contravenes the current issue of BS 7671.

(I think 712.411.3.2.1.1 and 551.7.2(v) are satisfied where MCBs provide ADS if the PV connection is upstream of just the MCBs for other circuits)

Other PV guidance might differ .

- Andy.
 13 November 2012 10:16 AM

bajb

I agree with Andy. I would try not to put PV on a shared rcd, but it does not contravene the letter of the regulations. If you look in the ESC BPG 3 you will find a specific example of it cited as acceptable.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.