Increase font size
Topic Title: BT Ultimate 106 PABX
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11 November 2012 05:03 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11 November 2012 05:03 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

pnorton

Hi All

Its been a looong time since I last visited this forum so please forgive if this has been raised recently.

We have the BT Ultimate 106 PABX which we have been using for about 5 years. It has been very useful as an answer phone and as a door-phone and also enables us to unlock the front door remotely.

However, it has now gone on the blink and has become unreliable so we are looking for a replacement - this model is no longer made.

Ideally, we want a unit which can handle voice over IP but an absolute MUST is the ability to use the door-phone and door lock function.

Any suggestion?

Living in hope.

Paul

-------------------------
The body is now decrepit but the mind is still active - just!
 11 November 2012 09:32 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

slittle

Paul,

We've used a couple of the little Panasonic switches in the past. I know they do doors but can't be certain if they will handle voip directly.

Siemens dect might be an option too, I seem to remember there is a dect compatible door unit about. We've got the siemens gigaset in the office and it happily handles one pstn, several voip and 4 extensions.

Stu
 11 November 2012 11:09 PM

Legh

I have been interested in this type automated VOIP control. I installed a phone operated door entry system a few years back and came across this LINK

Legh

-------------------------
Why do we need Vernier Calipers when we have container ships?

http://www.leghrichardson.co.uk

"Science has overcome time and space. Well, Harvey has overcome not only time and space - but any objections."
 12 November 2012 08:22 PM

AdrianWint

I replaced my BT 106 with a BT Revelation system.

Its tooo old to understand VOIP but does have the door phone feature that you require. You'll need a system phone in order to program it up & it comes as a basic 1: 6 system (1 exchange lines. 6 extensions) but can be expanded upto 4: 12.

A system can be had on a well known auction site for around the £70 mark and there are still loads of spare PCBs/PSUs/Option cards around ..... I might even be able to help you with a full set of manuals......

Adrian
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.