Increase font size
Topic Title: 10 meter high scaffolding
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07 November 2012 09:56 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07 November 2012 09:56 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

DOUGIE1000

Got a commercial job,

On 2nd floor of a building there is a large open space, previously used for a factory production line. There is access by means of single door and straight onto a stairwell to ground level.

Anyway powered access is a no go due to stairs, only access for powered equipment would be through a a set of large access doors and use of a craine .

Is scaffolding possible for a height of 10meters? Don't fancy shuffling it about the room.

-------------------------
Dougie
Power Plus Electrical.co.uk

My mission is to live as long as possible......so far so good!
 08 November 2012 07:51 AM

dickllewellyn

Either speak to the client about arranging scaffolding and quote on the bass that it will be in place, or speak to a friendly local scaffolder to obtain a quote, add a bit, and add it to your own quote.

Regards
Richard (Dick)

"Insert words of wisdom and/or witty pun here"
 08 November 2012 12:49 PM

AJJewsbury

Some scaffold towers seem to go up to 14m (12m) high - e.g. http://www.scaffold-tower.co.u...ouble_width_3.2m_10x4/

Even for hire ones hit 10m http://www.hss.com/g/80400/All...ower-Addit.-1.0m.html

(I've no connection with either firm, just a google results having been looking for a tower myself)

- Andy.
 08 November 2012 01:23 PM

Ricicle

Try and get an aluminium one as they are lighter !

Empty barrels make the most noise.
 08 November 2012 03:28 PM

peteTLM

Ive recently done some unistrut on the underside of a warehouse roof at 10m on a tower scaffold. Not too bad to put up as long as there is at least 2 of you. Not too woobly as long as you get lots of tension on the outriggers.
If you dont like heights though dont bother as 10m is the same as a 4th floor on a tower block or similar and a long way down.

It will cost maybe 8 times more to get a fixed scaffold by a scaffolding firm.

----------------------------------------
Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine....

Every man has to know his limitations- Dirty Harry
 10 November 2012 10:31 AM

dickllewellyn

I personally wouldn't entertain usin a mobile tower above about 5 meters. I don't like building them at the best of times, but certainly wouldn't fancy swinging a platform into place at that height, or indeed climbing up and down it with tools and equipment.

I personally, if powered access is out the question, would like a solid scaffolding to work on. If the price is to high, my competitor is welcome to the job!

Ironically, I would rather harness up and swing out working off suspended ropes than on a mobile tower! Just what you are happy with I guess!

Regards
Richard (Dick)

"Insert words of wisdom and/or witty pun here"
 16 July 2013 11:21 AM

DTimbers

You can get some pretty high towers - Link Removed but you need to weigh up stability for the job. Obviously the higher the tower the less stable and the wider footprint you would require.

As Richard points out, a harness is a good alternative (and sometimes easier) but is really personal preferance. Mobile towers are clearly more permanent and sound the most suitable if you do your research. Drop me a line if you want any help
 16 July 2013 08:48 PM

Grumpy

As an ex potholer I thought I had a pretty good head for heights. However, when doing a loft conversion and I was nominated to be on the tower when we craned the steels in I had an instant rethink. And what would that be, 6m? Mind you it wasn't helped by the crane driver whacking the first steel straight into the tower. I never knew I could wimper like that. For the roof work we coughed up for proper scaffolding, what a difference. Personally, I wouldn't countenance a 10m tower and if the job won't pay for proper scaffolding I'd walk (er, whilst you still can!!)

Only dead fish go with the flow. Be a salmon!
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2016 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.