Increase font size
Topic Title: Check out this video
Topic Summary: If you're fed up
Created On: 04 November 2012 01:29 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04 November 2012 01:29 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

adder6

Hi,

Long since passed be it that I wanted to be an 'electrician'. A short course guy with too much brains and too much narcissism who didn't like hearing the truth. Some of you educated me kindly, some not so kindly. Either way I ended up agreeing with you, albeit bitterly at times and having been unnecessarily provoked and humiliated. Moved on now but I did find this little gem that made me think of this place and might just bring some welcome perspectived relief to those of you suffering trying to maintain the integrity of the industry.

I'm sure the cacophony of high calibre and frequently bitter and bitchily cruel experience fighting against its most hated opponent - naive and frequently arrogant or plain hopeless instant knowledge still rages on furiously in the industry today, even though I've been absent for some time and have completely lost touch - with oh so precious few tears shed I might add. A nice safe hiding place indeed, one which grants me the questionable pleasures of observation but with the risk of concerns for things I once held dear - falling into decay.

However I did leave this particular nightmare part of my life with a healthy respect for time earned experience and dedication, regardless of its chosen method of presenting itself, and as such I thought I might show some appreciation by finding this little treat for you.

As promised

ta ta...
 04 November 2012 11:42 AM

cmatheson

Ha! I feel better already.

-------------------------
Chris Matheson MInstMC
 05 November 2012 05:49 AM

Legh

Yes, I can see where you are coming from.......
However, my advise would not to give this fella a policy holding position otherwise a final solution may appear faster than we might imagine...

Legh

Why do we need Vernier Calipers when we have container ships?

http://www.leghrichardson.co.uk

"Science has overcome time and space. Well, Harvey has overcome not only time and space - but any objections."
 05 November 2012 11:59 PM

adder6

Agreed. Bitter/sweet though my memories are of this place you did indeed teach me alot about life and reality and I'm much better off for it. I thought some of you at least might appreciate the giggle, and I can laugh myself a bit now as I no longer contribute to the problem.

Although it might be said through gritted teeth (see the perhaps unnecessarily sour parts of my first post) one has to admit I don't think it's too much to say thank you for basically steering me away from what for me would have been a bum decision as I'm much better off doing what I'm doing now. Does make me chuckle looking back at the sensitive issue I just dropped straight into with my size 9's on. A bit like writing an innocent question down on a piece of paper then attaching it to a brick and throwing it through someone's front window and then wondering why they're getting upset.

Anyways I always like to at least try and drop in on old acquaintances and show appreciation even if things didn't run too smoothly. I sell fishing tackle now through mail order, I doubt I can get into too much trouble doing that but we'll see!

Tight lines...

Edited: 06 November 2012 at 12:29 AM by adder6
 07 November 2012 11:06 PM

Legh

You will have to get over it.....the fishing as well.

I remember listening to 'I am the Walrus' as a youngster and thought 'this is a bit odd'. I listened to it again today and thought 'this is seminal, but still very odd'.

It lead me to realize that certain people have a direction that will never change.

So you each have to accept each other as they are. If that's not possible for some then that's their problem. Not yours !

Legh

Why do we need Vernier Calipers when we have container ships?

http://www.leghrichardson.co.uk

"Science has overcome time and space. Well, Harvey has overcome not only time and space - but any objections."
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.