Increase font size
Topic Title: Blog?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 29 September 2012 11:42 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 29 September 2012 11:42 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

sparkingchip

How come I have just noticed the blog by Vitali Vitaliev, have I not seen it before or is it a new feature? Can anyone blog or just him?

Andy
 30 September 2012 09:00 PM

weirdbeard

Originally posted by: sparkingchip

How come I have just noticed the blog by Vitali Vitaliev, have I not seen it before or is it a new feature? Can anyone blog or just him?

Hi andy, from a search it seems the blog you have mentioned is not actually on this site but on a different one called http://eandt.theiet.org/blogs/index.cfm and it seems there are others, such as buzzsore, cabinet of curiosities, eccentric engineer etc......

Why not just start your own unofficial blog on the wiring and regs forum- start a topic called 'sparkingchips blog' and update it whenever you feel like it - from you as a well regarded poster I'm sure it would be welcomed by all

ed.it to correct link

Edited: 30 September 2012 at 11:03 PM by weirdbeard
 30 September 2012 11:04 PM

sparkingchip

I presume you are getting the link as well in the sidebar to the left of here under the search box with the heading "Other Blogs/ Forums" where one is listed as "After All"

I don't know about a Sparkingchip Blog, bad things happened this week I went to the hairdressers Thursday lunch time and I quietly eyed up the young stylist in the mirror, as men of a certain age do, then she charged me the pensioners special discount price for the cut, talk about being gutted! I don't mind the four quid discount but there are hurt feelings to be considered.

Mind you on the plus side I started a Foundation OCN Auto CAD college course on Thursday night and ended up sitting next to a very nice young lady who is a Vet rather than one of the engineering blokes out of the Tool room, so it ain't all bad! It makes for a different conversation to the usual ones whilst we drew holes in a steel plate!

Andy
 30 September 2012 11:13 PM

weirdbeard

Hi andy, no, to the left of this screen is completely blank, ah, though now I look, to the right there has appeared a new blogs/forum and an aditional search box, well spotted.
 01 October 2012 12:00 AM

sparkingchip

But only when you are logged in!
 01 October 2012 12:15 AM

weirdbeard

Ah yes, when logged out the new search the forums thing is there, when logged in the blog appears below it - but its defo on the RHS, unless you are looking at me through my screen! anyway - if i delete my replys and you edit your first post the unnoficial blog is ready to go
 01 October 2012 04:25 PM

jhudson

Hi all

You may be interested to know that the IET has recently made available an online platform where you can blog, network, share your experiences, photos etc. It's called MyCommunity - all you need to do is sign in to the IET website using your normal log in details, fill in your profile and away you go! MyCommunity can be found at www.theiet.org/mycommunity .

-------------------------
Julie Hudson
Community Online Development Executive
The Institution of Engineering and Technology
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.