IET logo

IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Boiler Wiring
Topic Summary: Why must you have a pump neutral?
Created On: 25 September 2012 08:14 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02 October 2012 07:38 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

daveparry1

So what does he think it should be OS, IP66 in case the boiler leaks! They are a joke aren't they.
 02 October 2012 08:05 PM

weirdbeard

Originally posted by: OldSparky

on another note i normally fit a 3 pole fan isolator next to the boiler for isolation if the spur is else where. a customer rang me to say she had the boiler commissioned and the engineer told her it was dangerous because the switch next to the boiler was not the correct one.. so this is telling you what gas fitters know about electrics..

Might be better if your isolator was marked boiler isolator, rather than fan isolator!
 03 October 2012 11:56 PM

sparkingchip

"on another note i normally fit a 3 pole fan isolator next to the boiler for isolation if the spur is else where. a customer rang me to say she had the boiler commissioned and the engineer told her it was dangerous because the switch next to the boiler was not the correct one.. so this is telling you what gas fitters know about electrics.."

They like to be able to take the fuse out of a SFCU and put it in their pocket, then tie a warning sign to the withdrawn fuse holder of the SFCU with a cable tie, or so I've been told.

Andy
 05 October 2012 07:32 AM

OldSparky

i fit MK ones they only say isolator on them

anyway they shouldnt be in the boiler if they dont know what they are doing, lack of training i recon

Originally posted by: weirdbeard

Originally posted by: OldSparky

on another note i normally fit a 3 pole fan isolator next to the boiler for isolation if the spur is else where. a customer rang me to say she had the boiler commissioned and the engineer told her it was dangerous because the switch next to the boiler was not the correct one.. so this is telling you what gas fitters know about electrics..

Might be better if your isolator was marked boiler isolator, rather than fan isolator!
IET » Wiring and the regulations » Boiler Wiring

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.